Skip to main content

Fantastic Family Fun

What a beautiful Easter day!  In the morning we had fun coloring eggs, running an egg hunt throughout the house, and then discovering what the Easter Bunny left for Ava and G.  Later that day, we celebrated a low-key, relaxed dinner with Scott's mom's side of the family.  The weather was perfect (we spent all afternoon outside on the deck), the food was very good, and the company was easy-going.  It was the perfect way to wrap up a holiday weekend, and lead into...my birthday week! :)

 
 




Scott's cousin, Ashley, playing with G


Ava ran everyone ragged...so much energy!


A great pic of Grandma Deb and G!


I cannot believe how busy this past week was.  There was an incredible amount of things going on at work...so many meetings, so much work, and definitely not enough time to get it all done.  I asked one of my co-workers on Thursday night, as I was packing up, "Is it bad if I'm leaving and I have no idea what's in my inbox?"  He just laughed and said, "Clearly, this hasn't happened much to you!"  As my mom reminded me...the work will be there tomorrow - so I left!

Monday was my birthday, and it was a beautiful, sunny day, filled with wishes from dear friends and family.  It always rains on my birthday, so the sunshine was an amazing treat. Ava and Scott (and I guess G, but he didn't sign the card ;) ) bought me a beautiful azalea plant, and I treated myself to a new necklace.  We had a yummy dinner, followed with cheesecake for dessert.  Simple stuff, but exactly how I wanted to celebrate the day.




My parents arrived on Tuesday, so throughout the week, we've had fun evenings with a LOT of food.  Scott is such a good cook - we are very fortunate!!  Yesterday was spent getting G's six (SIX??) month photos taken, shopping, working on stuff around the house, and then having an (adult-only) birthday dinner out to Porter Creek.  It was our second time there, and the food did not disappoint!  My dessert was the best I've had in a long time (yes, even more so than the cheesecake on Monday!)  It was a dark chocolate cake, with cherries and sugar, on creme anglaise.  There were no leftovers from that plate! :)

Right now, we've got a quiche in the oven, fresh fruit cut and ready, and are just waiting for my parents to arrive for brunch.  We're going to spend the day around home, getting other projects done (they are really good at making sure we stay on task and get things knocked off our to-do list.)  It's pretty stormy outside, so I can't think of a better way to spend this day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...