Skip to main content

A Different Point of View

This week, I have a guest blogger.  He's got quite a bit to say, so I thought I'd let him take control for one post.  Say hello to my little friend...

Hi!  My name is Garrett, but you can call me G.  I'm going to be the big six-months in 9 days...and Mommy is finally letting me bang on this keyboard for a bit!  It's been a fun week...I keep trying to sleep on my belly,  but everyone keeps flipping me over to my back.  After a while, I give up, and just pop my thumb in my mouth, and go to sleep.  No biggie.

I love all of the attention I get when I am at daycare...Sheila's oldest son always comes right over to me when he gets home from school, and works with me to get me to sit up on my own.  Mommy tried too, the other day, but I just keep falling over on my face.  Oh well.

Mommy and Daddy keep talking about trying to feed me something called peas or green beans.  I guess I'll have to wait a few weeks to see which one they decide on.  Maybe that means that the rice cereal will come to a stop.  It's mushy.  It's blah.  And it's gross.  Yuck.

I like to eat my hands.  Mommy keeps sticking her fingers in my mouth, feeling around.  I don't know what she's doing, but I know that she bought some goopy stuff for my gums and keeps telling me she's going to use it one of these nights. The last time she stuck her finger in my mouth, I chomped down really hard on her fingers.  Haha! Mommy didn't think it was too funny, though.

I kept hearing something about my big sister having something green every day this week.  She gave Mommy and Daddy two thumbs up every day after school, so I guess that means something good happened there.  She's pretty nice to me.  She likes to hug me every morning, and she always wants to pick out my outfits.  Mommy told me that my big sister will be spending all of her days with me at Sheila's house this summer.  Any silence that I had during the days will now be gone...sigh.

I like to take baths!


Tummy time in my crib is the best!


A full belly makes me smile! Even when it's rice cereal...


Mommy and Ava put some seeds in these today...I wonder what will grow?


I'm a pretty happy little guy...Mommy, Daddy and Ava love to sing and talk to me.  I sleep all night long, and I just noticed these furry things that live with me.  I try to touch them, but when I do, someone always yells "Gentle!" at me.  Sometimes those furry things talk back to me, but they use funny words.

Mommy likes to say that it's allllll good...and she's right.  It is!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...