Skip to main content

Quiet Moments

No surprise that we had another busy week! Routines are just humming along, plans are being made, and kids are out with friends. On Friday night, both kids were out of the house (Arya meeting up with a new friend and G at a sleepover), so Scott and I took advantage of the quiet night and went out for dinner. It was peaceful, and we had a nice time decompressing after a busy day. We also kept a close eye on Life30 to watch over for Arya's adventures. (She had fun!)

We're having an early birthday celebration for me on Saturday night at my parents'. Can't believe I'll be 50 - how did that happen? Truly blessed to be aging, though...not everyone gets that opportunity. The iron supplements I'm on for my anemia have done a world of good, and I feel a million years younger than I have in the last several years. I am amazed at how much of my fatigue and general unease can be attributed to anemia. Crazy!

I picked up a few things at the RHS craft show last week. Actually, I picked up more than a few...I totally enjoyed shopping there! The items in frames are something I've looked at for years. The images are made with paper layers, and I just love them!



I've been eating these super sweet blueberries every day for breakfast, and the size of this one was insane. The smaller one is a normally-sized blueberry. Not sure what hormones the big one took!


After G's sleepover (where he still got 8 hours), I found him napping on the couch. Moments like this remind me of my baby boy... and that he's long gone, and now we have a young man in our midst. Wahhh!


The grass is turning green, the trees are blooming, and warmth is in the air. I love this time of year and can't wait to spend more time outside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...