Skip to main content

Furry Visitor

Our children have poofed! Now that they're back in school, they're off with their friends, or working, or chillin' in their rooms. And that's ok. (I have to keep telling myself this!) So, when a critter came to visit over lunchtime, I had to take a pic...there was no one else around to show!

I don't recall ever having a squirrel on a screen before!


I was looking through some old pics, trying to track down when we went to the Wisconsin Dells (10 years ago), and came across this gem from Arya, age 8. This tracks with her personality, haha!


Due to standardized tests (which, at this point, aren't necessary for the seniors), Arya had a scheduled late start on Thursday morning. She went out to breakfast with a group of friends and made it to school with minutes to spare before the 10am start. I'm glad she opted to do that, because her friends will be scattered all over next year, and this may be one of the few last times they will get to have breakfast together.

On Friday night, she went to a movie with her BFF and her BFF's little brother and then had a sleepover. These months of her spending more and more time with friends are getting us ready for the change in our house once she leaves for college in August. Can't believe it's just a few months away!

G was super happy to get back to his friends in school this week. So many of them went somewhere over spring break, so he was really excited to see them in person. We're trying to watch movie series together, and we're going to start the Jurassic Park movies this weekend. Rawr!

It was a really busy week, and I hit my social wall on Thursday, midday. Unfortunately, I still had hours worth of meetings, a haircut appointment, and a trip to LifeTime scheduled for the rest of the day. I ditched my workout and opted to stay in for the evening. The fam got the hint when I curled up in front of my office heater, and opted not to talk to anyone. When I woke up Friday morning, I was in a much better space and ready to take on work and the world. 

We're looking forward to celebrating Easter as a family on Sunday. We'll have a little Easter egg hunt at our house in the morning, and then we'll have a nice dinner at Deb's in the afternoon. Most important, though, will be celebrating Jesus' resurrection! It's been a year since I finished my Bible-reading plan (read the Bible in one year), so I really appreciate my daily devotionals and how everything ties together. Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...