Skip to main content

Germany! Austria!

This was a big week! Ava flew overseas for her first international trip. She and two bands traveled to Germany and Austria, where they will spend 8 days, exploring, playing music, taking tours, and having fun! We are very excited for her adventures, but were pretty nervous on Thursday until we saw her plane touch down on Friday morning. We've been able to stay in contact with her, and her bf's mom sent me a pic of the two of them together!

At the airport, nice and early on Thursday morning



Cute, but really tired - somewhere in Munich, I think


Back home in the states, we had a boring week of work and school. But, it's been fun having more 1:1 time with G. He and I took Pria on a walk today...her first one in a long time, now that all of the snow is melted (she doesn't like being outside when it's cold, and I don't like walking on ice/snow...so we take a break from walking in the winter.)

Part of my Pria collection that I have been instructed to send to Ava every day...they miss each other!


Such a long nose



G was bound and determined to bring a copy of the U.S. Constitution to school this week. He states that he knows it well, and he's going to be a lawyer when he grows up. It wouldn't surprise me if he did!


We're taking Grandma Deb out for lunch tomorrow for her birthday, and then are hoping to hit up a couple of Parade of Homes when we're done. It's strange to only have one child with us...small glimpses into the not-so-far-off future when Ava moves out on her own. Yikes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...