Skip to main content

Another Week of Music

Once again, I'm struck by the fact that we don't have kids who play sports, we have kids who play music. We're not running from one sporting event to another...but we are doing that with musical events!

This past Tuesday, G had his 5th grade music program at Red Pine. The kids looked like they were having so much fun. Each class had a showcase song, and when it was G's class' turn, they had picked a song that wasn't even singing. It was all dancing! The Donut Dance featured his class doing some tricky moves and do-si-dos, while the rest of the classes were waving paper donuts they had made. It was high energy and a great way to wrap up the program!

G and Caleb were being extra silly during the concert - you can see G looking right at me, from the middle of this pic


Donut!


We had a very small break after his program, and then headed off to the high school, so we could watch Ava perform in the 2nd Wind Symphony concert of the year. They sound so wonderful! Ava loves being in this band. It's challenging music, but they don't have the commitments of the Wind Ensemble (which has MANY community events.) Next year, she might ask to stay in Wind Symphony instead of being moved up (if she auditions well enough to be in Wind Ensemble, of course.)

It's hard to see, but Ava is in the row in front of the trombones


Ava and Aaron :)

I volunteered at RHS on Friday afternoon to help measure for new uniforms for the upcoming marching band season. It was fun to see which kids are coming back to marching band, and to catch up with some of the moms I haven't seen in several months. I cannot believe that this is Ava's last season. These four years went by SO fast!

We took it easy on Friday night...it was a busy week!

Her pose is so awkward here


I loved how Puppy was watching the Plankton movie with G, too


Scott is planning a yummy Irish meal for Sunday...don't forget to wear green on Monday! 🍀

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...