Skip to main content

Snuggles

It was really cold this week. Cold enough that they cancelled school for the kids on Tuesday, giving them a long 5-day weekend. They haven't had any snow days this year, so this was a good plan...standing at a bus stop or walking to school in those low temps is dangerous. It's warmed up a bit, so now it's finally warm enough to snow. It was surreal seeing pics of palm trees this week covered in snow, while we barely have any remaining snow on the ground. But, again, we were dealing with temps in the -30s, with wind chill.

This is how Pria stays warm in these chilly temps!



Garrett was accepted into the Minnesota Junior Winds first year Honor Band. Hooray! I thought that maybe everyone who was nominated got to go, but it turns out that only 4-5 kids are selected from each school. I'm so proud of him! He'll be receiving the music soon, and he'll have a month or so to practice before a one-day rehearsal with everyone else, and then a concert. I can't wait!

I went to Ava's conferences on Friday morning, and no surprise, she's doing very well. I even stopped in and chatted with one of her favorite social studies teachers, her art teacher (who she will be seeing a lot of next year), and a new friend from LifeTime (who happens to be a Spanish teacher at RHS!)

I'm really pleased with how I'm sticking with my LifeTime classes...two barre classes, a dance class, and a yoga session each week. It's a great way to get cardio, build strength and flexibility, and relax my mind and body. Plus, I'm meeting different people in the community. Well worth the money so far!

Scott brought G to a bowling birthday party on Saturday afternoon, so I was able to clean the oven. Sounds fun, right? To ward off too much political and news in my socials algorithm feeds, I have been watching a lot of cleaning and home reset videos on social media. I was inspired (influenced?) to buy some miracle cleaning paste, and a few other items. They worked really well on the oven, and I didn't have to use harsh chemicals, or run the self-clean mode for 5 hours. Gold star for CleanTok! We'll see what's next on my list to clean!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...