Skip to main content

Music and Pickleball

This week was Ava's first concert with the Wind Symphony group. It's the 2nd highest band at the high school and she loves it. This was probably my favorite concert they have done so far; they sounded good! You can tell that these are kids who have more years of experience playing. They've only had a few weeks to play together, since the marching band kids didn't join this band until trimester 2 started in early December.

They played the Stars and Stripes Forever by Sousa, which I remember playing when I was in high school. It was a flashback to being onstage, and then standing up at the end when the trombones play loudly. What a great song! This song will be one that is played for the concerts when the kids go overseas in a few months.

Ava is 3rd from the left in the last row (trumpets)


We went out to eat after the concert - she looked so pretty in her dress!


G had a good week back at school, starting up his band classes again, as well. It was kind of hard to get back into the swing of things because it was such a busy week. I was in meetings for most of the days, and then in the early evenings, I was at a barre class, and intro to pickleball class, and then my Friday yoga class (it's such a great way to create a boundary between the work week and the weekend.)

This was such a silly pic of Pria in the morning. She looks so comfy, snuggled into a blanket...


We have minimal plans this weekend, which I'm grateful for. We have some snow coming, so it'll be nice to be tucked in safely at home, nice and warm. Ava has requested that we bake a cake together, so I'm sure we'll be able to accomplish that in our ample downtime!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...