Skip to main content

Refresh & Relax

The kids bathroom needed a little repair (the wall by the shower was getting wet, so Scott needed to scrape out the old stuff, and fix it all up.) We let the kids choose the new paint color (I was thinking cream), and Ava realllly wanted a soft yellow (G didn't care.) So, that's what we did! But that's led into needing a new shower curtain, new towels, new art, etc. It's been fun, and we've been taking our time picking things out. It's been the same since we moved in 11.5 years ago, so it was time for an update.

G earned his first stripe on his blue belt this week - we are so proud!


This week has been a lot of time spent in the home, relaxing, and enjoying the slowness of January. I also picked up a new class at the gym - dance! I have been so used to going barefoot in my classes (barre and yoga) that I didn't bring any shoes for dance. I had to wear Crocs! I do not recommend that, haha. Next week, my friend is joining me in the dance class; I hope she loves it, too. It's a fantastic workout, whereas barre builds strength and flexibility, and Friday yoga helps me leave the workweek behind, for a better start to the weekend. I am really enjoying LifeTime so far. I'm heading there on Saturday afternoon for a "Breaking the Sugar Cycle" class...perfect to have after my PopTart breakfast. Ha!

When I took down the Christmas tree, I missed the ambience of the lights, so I invested in these curtain lights. I'm pleased with how they warm up the room when it's dark outside.


Such a sweet girl! We've had her for three years now...the time has flown by!


We're bundling up this coming week...we have a new weather warning for our state: Extreme Cold Warning. Yikes! Send us warm and sunny thoughts, please!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...