Skip to main content

Summer is Underway!

This was the first full week of summer vacation, and the kids were havin' fun! G was at Summer Power for the full week...he made some new friends, played with old ones, went to a fun park, and even headed to the Minnesota Zoo on Friday. He's happy to be at his "home" school for the summer, and we're all pleased that it's the same staff that he's with during the school year, as well.

Ava had fun with one of her BFFs on Monday and Tuesday...they went shopping, did artsy stuff, and had a sleepover. Both of their boyfriends are on vacation, so it was fantastic that they had so much time to spend together. Gotta make sure they make time for friends, and not just their boyfriends!

We even fired up the table for (crispy) s'mores last weekend!



Both kids earned their 3rd stripe on their purple belt for TKD on Monday night, and Ava went to the first sectional for marching band. Ava also went to her FINAL retainer check...we are officially done with ortho work for Ava! She had been going to the same location since 3rd grade, doing initial annual checks, and then finally getting Invisalign and retainers. I'm sure we'll be starting with G in a few years, but it feels good to know that at least one kid is done! We were able to celebrate with Caribou, and brought Pria a pup cup so she could enjoy, too.




G and I went to the movies on Friday night. We saw Inside Out 2...what an emotional movie. Literally. It was really good, and explained anxiety in such a way that kids could understand what it is, and how it impacts their decisions and belief in themselves. It was a mentally exhausting end to a busy work week.


This upcoming week is going to be nutso. It's Father's Day (yay, love you dads!), Ava's 16th birthday on Tuesday (send good vibes for her to pass her drivers test at 11am - we're headed to Mankato!), and then I leave for Savannah on Thursday morning with two friends, and Ava and Pria head to Grandma Deb's for a fun weekend at Back to the 50's. Scott and G's plans are up in the air currently, but I'm sure they'll enjoy it, no matter what!

I'll be taking a one-week break from the blog since next weekend is going to be busy, so stay tuned for an update in a few weeks. In the meantime, enjoy the last few weeks of June (what?? already??)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...