Skip to main content

Pizza Pizza Pizza!

It was another crazy busy week! I think we were out and about every single night this week, which makes for some very tired parents by the end of the workday on Friday.

On Monday we had the usual swimming and TKD. Tuesday was a quick trip to the DMV (and picking up Ava from trumpet choir), Wednesday was PIZZA day, Thursday was so packed full that to recount everything would be tiresome, and then Friday came along...a little slower pace, with a late movie night. G ended up putting himself to bed, while Scott and I were passed out (from exhaustion), with a movie playing in the background. I tried to watch the same scene 10 times before I eventually gave up and just fell asleep for good.

The pizza night was insanely busy, but everything went really well. The weather cooperated with us, and we were able to sort and distribute almost 1,800 pizzas within a three hour period. I've got just a few things to wrap up, and then we can consider this fundraiser to be completed!

We have a somewhat busy weekend ahead of us, but it's filled with fun things, like a birthday party sleepover for Ava's friend, a dinner out with Grandma Deb, Brick Convention for me and G, and some outdoor time to enjoy the warm sunshine!


What fun things are you looking forward to next week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...