Skip to main content

Brick Convention 2024

G and I had a great time looking at all of the cool LEGO creations at Brick Convention 2024 this past Sunday. We were near the front of the line for our time slot, so we were able to get it and make it through about half of the exhibit before things got really crowded. We really liked the creations that were powered and had moving pieces. I think my favorite was an amusement park display!


Waiting in line to get in


These were at a really cool Pride exhibit - they are kinda like an "I Spy" game, with so many different pieces making up the various colors of the flags. The best thing to find was all of the frog pieces!




G was SO happy to get a few more spacemen for his collection. He now has white, red, yellow, and blue. 


Spring allergies are upon us which means G looks like a puffy, red-eyed little man. I had to pre-warn his teacher and YMCA directors that he looks horrible this time of year. Poor kiddo. We started him on OTC allergy meds a few weeks ago, and got some very expensive eye drops the nurse recommended to us previously. I even had one refill let for some eye ointment (in the event that his allergy eyes turn into pink eye from all of the rubbing) so I made sure we had a fresh tube of that on hand.

It's to the point that once we're through this season, I'm going to take him in for allergy testing to see what we can do in the future (allergy shots, maybe?) It's only the spring allergies that him hit like this, so I'm thinking it's the pollen. He knows that this time of year, he has to shower every night, we keep his door and window closed, and run an air filter 24-7. 

Not to be forgotten...Ava had a great week at school. She moved up one chair seat in band, so is playing 1st part, 2nd chair. That extra practicing paid off!

Ava drew a really neat version of Strawberry Shortcake this week. I love the purple telephone cord extending from the paper!


We decided to take a pause on swimming lessons, so starting in May, our Monday nights are going to be a little easier with just TKD. G is almost to the point of getting to the next swimming level but it's taking him a while to get there, and I can see that he's frustrated. So, this summer we'll spend some more time at our pool and ensure that he keeps the skills that he's learned over the last few years of lessons.

We're also narrowing down to the last hours that Ava needs for her drivers test (50 hours minimum.) At last count, we're under 12 hours needed, with 5 of those being night hours. I think we're going to spend some time at the high school this coming week, practicing nighttime parallel parking skills. :) 

On Saturday night, the four of us went out to dinner at the Olive Garden (my choice) for an early birthday dinner. It was nice to have a dinner out, complete with drinks and dessert. YUM! It's my last weekend being 47 years old...bring it on, 48!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...