Skip to main content

Easter 2024

This week was a tough re-entry back into school and work. We hit the ground running, and didn't get a chance to stop until Friday evening. Even though we had minimal activities each evening, we were still running errands, and eating later at night, so there wasn't a lot of time to chill between dinner and bed.

I was in the office two days this week for full-day meetings, and MAN, that was exhausting. I'm not used to being around people that much anymore. I can't believe that used to be the norm! I am very grateful to be working at a company where they allowed us to make the decision to stay at home permanently. I need the time during the day to be just with my Pria, and my coworkers (online.)

That aside, we had a great Easter! The kids happily participated in the Easter egg hunt, and then quickly worked their way through the scavenger hunt. G was really, super, extra egg-cited when we found the final gift...the Meta Quest 2! He's been having a blast this week playing Gorilla Tag, Walk the Plank, and the Epic Rollercoaster ride. It's been making him work up a sweat (which means he sleeps well at night!)





We also hosted my parents and Scott's mom for Easter dinner. This family time was a fantastic way to wrap up a long Spring Break/vacation. Grateful that we live close enough to do this on a somewhat regular basis.

It's gorgeous outside right now...mid-50's and sunny. We've got the final round of the RHSMB fundraiser this week (the one that I'm leading) and I am crossing all the fingers and toes for good weather, since the distribution of pizzas takes place in the HS parking lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...