Skip to main content

Last Week of School & Work 2023!

We just wrapped up the final school and work (for Dee) week of 2023! The kids both had spirit week/dress up days this past week, and there were fun parties for G, and a holiday assembly for Ava. Kirk Cousins (Vikings QB) was the surprise guest speaker at RHS this week. Ava doesn't really follow football, so when she texted me a few pics during the assembly, she said "The one guy is here. Football" Hahahaha! She mentioned she heard a rumor that SpongeBob was going to be there, but alas, just a pro football player. What a neat surprise for the kids (except for Ava, lol)

I had a few fun events this past week, as well. We had a happy hour/celebration for a completed project at work on Tuesday night, and then my neighbors/book club headed out to the local winery for a cookie decorating event on Thursday evening. I'm happy we don't have a full calendar next week!


Swimming was unexpectedly cancelled on Monday, which was A-OK with us. G has some congestion, so I was going to keep him at home anyways. It's no fun trying to swim with a stuffy nose. It allowed us a more leisurely night with just TKD as the activity.

G's purple belt finally came!


4th stripe on the green belt!


I am taking the week off between Christmas and New Years, and I am very, very excited for it. I really need this downtime to focus on the home and family, and to decompress from the last several months of work. Scott will be working 4 days next week, so no long vacay for him.

George has been a very busy elf, and I'm not sure how he's going to top himself next year!

Sunday, December 17

"Care for a cup of tea?"

Ava really liked this tea set, so she took this...good thing G had no interest in this!

Monday, December 18

"Can you get a hole in one?"

This is so cute...the windmill is a wind-up toy so it spins to make it more difficult to get the ball through

Tuesday, December 19

"Racing towards Christmas!"

For someone who had a massive fear of balloons when he was little, G grabbed this one and took it up to his room, right away!


Wednesday, December 20

"Helping Santa hang Christmas lights is hard work!"

The little lights wrapped around George were perfect...

Thursday, December 21

"Rockin' around the Christmas tree"

...to hang on the larger tree!

Friday, December 22

"My elf curling style is 'merry and bright'!"

This little curling set was a ton of fun to play with...the stones slide so well!


Saturday, December 23

"DONUT you know how much I love you!"


George will only be visiting us for one more night (Sunday), as then he flies home with Santa on Christmas Eve. He was such a fun elf this year, and G loved seeing what he was going to be doing each day!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...