Skip to main content

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.)



On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together.





Even the drinks were pretty!


My Avocado Toast & salad


Ava's Paradise Pancakes








On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club.

And to really kick off the holiday season, our elf George came back a few nights ago! We welcomed him back with open arms, especially after he told us that he's been all over the world, but his favorite place is to be with us. Oh, George! I love that G wrote his letter to Santa, and then George took it back to the big man that night.

Wednesday, November 29


Thursday, November 30
"Cranking up the Christmas Carols!" 
(the little boom box is a Bluetooth speaker!!)


Friday, December 1
"I've hidden 10 of Santa's glittering gold coins. Can you find them all?"
No, George, we didn't find all of them until hours later. It reminded me a little bit of the first year that we had an Easter Egg hunt...and had some missing eggs!

Also, I realize this looks like George is on the potty. He's not. He's sitting on our Roomba mop, lol


Saturday, December 2
"Let's be paleontologists today!" 
(the dinosaur dig kit that George brought is going to provide HOURS of "homework" for G -- his words, not mine, lol)


Every morning the kids have been so excited to open up their advent calendars. I've been enjoying my morning coffee advent calendar, and my evening cheese advent calendar. Who says kids are the only ones who can enjoy advent calendars?!



On Saturday, we built out some custom LEGO ornaments, and G and I got a head start on our Christmas cookie baking (chocolate cookies with peppermint kisses.) On Sunday afternoon, my mom is coming over to help me make fudge, and decorate sugar cookies with the kids. 


I even got several gifts wrapped and under the tree (and even mailed out a few.) I have so many more to wrap, so I'm going to try to tackle it every night until it's done. Wish me luck (because I really, really don't like wrapping gifts!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...