Skip to main content

Christmas treats...Yummy!

We had another great week filled with visits from George, some Christmas treat baking/decorating, and all of the other typical things that we try to squeeze in during the non-holiday season!

Last Sunday, my mom came over and provided support while I made fudge, and then helped decorate us Christmas cookies. This year, we opted to purchase pre-baked cutout cookies in a kit, so we could focus on the decorating. The cookies aren't nearly as good as the ones my mom makes, but we still had fun!


This one is my personal favorite...so cute!


On Monday night, Ava earned her third stripe on her green belt in TKD. Way to go!


Earlier today (Saturday), Santa made his annual trip through our neighborhood, escorted by the Rosemount Fire and Police departments. What a fun way to meet up with our neighbors for a little bit on a Saturday morning.

Santa's way back there on the fire truck!



And let's not forget our generous elf, George. Whadda guy! He's been bringing fun gifts every day!

Sunday, December 3
"Warming up after an epic snowball fight!" 
Wish we had some snow to make snowballs, George! Can you bring some of that to us?


Monday, December 4
"Don't be naughty or you might get placed in the penalty box!"


Tuesday, December 5
"What fun impressions can you get?"
G was so happy to get one of these little pin toys!


Wednesday, December 6
"Jumping for joy that Christmas is near!"
We all liked the fact that the trampoline really bounces things!


Thursday, December 7
"Can you build an elf castle?"


Friday, December 8
"Let's play bocce!"
I kept finding bits of the "grass" all over the house...thanks, George.


Saturday, December 9
"Can you draw an elf portrait?"
As a matter of fact, yes, G can! Here's the blank canvas, and then G's work of art that he's gifting back to George!




Tonight, we're going out for dinner, then driving around to look at Christmas lights. I'm planning on bringing some hot chocolate for the kids (and me...Scott doesn't like sweets very much), to make it even more fun! (Looking at Christmas lights is my absolutely most favorite thing to do during this time of year.) 

And now my least favorite thing to do (wrapping gifts) is 99% done, and I can enjoy the holiday season without that hanging over my head. Hooray!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...