Skip to main content

Leprechaun Days Parade 2023

After a long week of band camp, the RHSMB was ready to walk in the Leprechaun Days parade, bright and early on Saturday morning. They did a fantastic job, but by early afternoon, I could see that Ava was wilting and that she just needed to get home to rest. So, she and Scott walked home, while we (me, G, my parents, and my aunt) got root beer floats, and tried not to melt in the hot temps.

Abigail, G, and his cousin, Oliver


Just a few hours after we got home, our best friends came to town, and we all headed over to Leprechaun Days in Central Park. We snagged a few tables, and parked there for several hours. A bunch of neighborhood friends, and school friends filtered in and out of the evening, so there was a lot of chatting and enjoying more hot temps. And cheese curds. :)

We made it home to watch fireworks, and enjoy a tiny bit of downtime before heading to bed. I think we were all pretty tired and ready to hit the hay by that point.

This was yet another incredibly busy week. Ava had Drill Week for the MB, which means the band was at school, M-F, noon-9pm. I'm so thankful that we carpool with another family. I took the 9pm pickup M-Tu-W, and desperately needed a night off by the time Thursday rolled around. G had swimming and TKD, like usual, on Monday nights. G and I met up with some neighbors at National Night Out on Tuesday. G and I took our last golf lesson on Wednesday night (he loves his new clubs!) And the only thing we did on Thursday was go out to eat for dinner. Woohoo!

Enjoying NNO




Friday wrapped up G's last day of Zoo Camp. He had SUCH a great time this week, and can't wait to go back again for a different camp next summer. After I picked him up on Friday, he and I wandered the zoo to see some new exhibits. We loved the animatronic dinos in the Dino Hideway, tried our best not to get shocked on the brand new Tree Top Trail (great views, but hopefully they figure out how to make it less staticky.) We cooled off with Dippin' Dots, he played on a playground, and then he purchased a penguin stuffy and showed it to the penguins - his favorite animal exhibit!







After dinner on Friday, we all sat down to watch the new season of Nailed It, and I think the only person that saw two full episodes was G. Scott and I both fell asleep super fast!

The RHS Band Mega Garage Sale collections started this weekend, so after Ava came home at 9:30pm on Friday, she got a few hours of sleep, and then headed back to the high school to volunteer with collections, starting at 7:45am. What a trooper! 

One of my friends extended an invitation to have coffee on her deck this morning (Saturday), so a group of us gathered there to chat and relax. It was the perfect way to start a very busy day.

G is headed off to his first sleepover tonight (a friend's birthday party), so Ava and I are heading out to watch Barbie. Hooray - I'm so excited! Scott's been working all day in the heat, so I'm pretty sure he's looking forward to coming home and cooling off.

These days are flying by so fast. Sometimes I'm crabby about them, but I know that at some point, we won't have any kid stuff going on, and I'll miss it. So, I'm trying to get as much enjoyment as possible from the carpools, and schedules, and all of the things.

Flowers from the other carpool mom...these are so cheery!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...