Skip to main content

Turtles and Ducks

The summer is winding down, but our schedules are keeping full! Marching band is ramping up for the State Fair next week, and then the beginning of competition season. We were also reminded that the kids perform at home football games...oh yeah, totally forgot about that! It seems like such a secondary performance, but I know it gives them more chances to perform and practice in front of a crowd. They are looking good!

We're not going to be able to make it to St Louis at the end of October for the BOA Super Regional, so instead, my mom, G, and I are going to head to Sioux Falls earlier in October to watch the Festival of Bands competition. G is super excited to go to a new state! I've added a few fun things to do to our list for the 2 days while we're there...I'm not sure any of us could sit through a full day of competition, so we're going to have to time our attendance for when Rosemount plays.

G and I enjoyed TMNT on Sunday

This past week also wrapped up our final golf lessons for the summer, and we were ready to get out on the course. There was still some teaching that took place in the beginning of the lesson, so we only had time to golf two holes. The weather was absolutely perfect, and it was nice to be out with our neighbor Kristin, and her daughter Addie. Can't wait to hit up the driving range more!



This weekend is full of family gatherings. On Saturday, we're heading over to Grandma Deb's house for a family picnic, and then on Sunday, my mom and I are heading to the Mean Girls musical in Lakeville, and then I'll join my parents for dinner. 

I got my car's "annual check up" on Friday, and because of my dashboard ducks, one of the service advisors gave this to me. Love it!

We had a few moments of cooler weather this week...a true "false fall", because we are going to get back up into the high 90's this coming week. Whew! Nothing like squeezing out a few more degrees before winter sneaks back in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...