Skip to main content

Barbie!

Ava and I went to see the Barbie movie last weekend, and it was SO good! It was not the light and fluffy movie that you might think it would be...it had some very deep and emotional moments. I loved it!

Our whole week has been centered on the RHS Band Garage Sale. Ava did collections last Saturday, I did them on Monday night during rehearsal, and then on Friday night, Ava and I both staffed areas of the sale. I almost gone run over as people pushed their way into the Accessories section...crazy! On Saturday morning, we worked another shift, and my mom joined us, as well. I went back to the Seasonal Goods section, and it was nice and peaceful. Busy, but not quite as chaotic! We walked away from it spending only $10, so I think we did very well. It'll be interesting to see how much money we raise this year.

G spent the week at a traditional day camp with a few neighborhood friends. He swam, made a tye-dye shirt, canoed, and spent so much time outdoors. He came home dirty every night, but I still think he loved it. He also earned his third stripe on his green belt (we really like that teacher because he tests groups of kids instead of having the kids tell him when they are ready to test...it's made the whole difference in G moving up in rank.)

I also went to rehearsal a few night, and watched Ava learn a fancy move. She's the center of a large brass circle, and eventually gets picked up by four guys and they spin her around a few times (perpendicular to the ground!) The clarinets cheered for her the first time they were able to do it successfully. Makes sense why she was put in the middle since she's so petite. (And I think she really likes it...she had a huge smile on her face the first night.)

Other than all of that, Scott worked a lot. I worked a lot. There was just a lot of work to do. G has been with Grandma Deb since Friday night, so they could go to a wedding together on Saturday afternoon. I bet they had a wonderful time!

Pretty flowers from the local farmer's market

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...