Skip to main content

The Long Road Home

The RHSMB did not make the finals cut last Saturday, but they tried their best. There were a lot of kids fighting off illnesses, plus being tired and probably not eating the best, drinking enough water, or getting enough sleep. BUT! I think they had fun, and certainly made memories that will last them a lifetime!

I don't think they'll be heading to Grand Nats next year, but I bet they'll do a regional trip to St Louis, which will be another fun adventure. Ava commented that she thinks that she WILL do marching band again next year, which makes this band loving mom really, really happy!

Can you find Ava in these pics?




The five motorcoaches pulling onto the RHS property, and the hundreds of people waiting to welcome the marching band home!




This week was all about Ava catching up on school work from being out for a few days, and battling a cold (mostly just a sore throat and a runny nose.) Ava and I did volunteer some time at the high school on Friday night, sorting/passing out strudels (from a MB fundraiser), and then on Saturday morning, we volunteered by bagging groceries at a local grocery store. It was pretty busy since it's the weekend before Thanksgiving, and people seemed to be really happy to support the local marching band. Yay!

The RHS football team won their semi-final game on Friday night, so they're heading to the state championship game, and there's a chance that the RHS marching band will be playing at the game. I think it would be pretty neat if both the football team and the marching band from the same high school are both the state champions. (Reminder, the RHSMB won that title back in October!)

I think this is Scott's last weekend up north for a while, so the kids and I are enjoying movie nights and lots of hot chocolate while trying to keep warm on this frigid weekend. Brrrr! Hope Scott's staying warm up north. Pria sure doesn't like to go outside for any longer than she needs to. She runs out, does her thing, and comes back in right away. Walks seem to be a distant memory for that southern girl!

We're looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with the grandparents this coming week. I think we're all really happy to have a short work/school week, and enjoy a few days off with family, and prepping for the next big holiday. (Scott reminded me we'll need to setup the tree this coming week, and it struck me that we are getting close to Christmas. Yikes!) Looking forward to all of the joy and excitement that the beautiful holiday brings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...