Skip to main content

Gobble Gobble 2022

This week was all about counting down until our days off from work and school, so we could gather as family to eat really good food and celebrate a day of thanks together. We headed over to Grandma Deb's house in the early afternoon on Thanksgiving, and spent several hours there, visiting and eating the aforementioned really good food. We also had the chance to meet Deb's new dog, Yental. She is such a sweet girl, and other than a few sniffs, she and Pria pretty much ignored each other. Perfect! Both dogs are about the same age, so it was a lot of begging for food, and then relaxing for these two girls!

We are so grateful that we were able to spend the day with Deb, as well as my parents. Family is everything, and I'm so happy that we're able to combine our celebrations so we can see everyone.

Making turkey bark...no real turkey included, ha


On Friday, we spent several hours decorating the house for Christmas, including having the kids decorate the Christmas tree. It took us less than 2 hours from tree-in-box to fully-decorated-tree. I was so impressed that things went as smoothly and as quickly as they did. Having two kids who are helpers makes the process much more efficient. I remember the days when the kids were much smaller and it was all about trying to keep them focused and having them not break any ornaments.


And then...Scott and I had a date night! We went out for dinner and then hit up a few bars on the way home. We played pull tabs and I won $204! I'm usually super unlucky so when something like that happens, it's a real thrill!


On Saturday afternoon we're heading to a movie (the new Puss in Boots file) as a family. Scott is really excited about the movie theater popcorn and I'm excited about getting out as a family and doing something fun together. Overall, this has been a pretty great long weekend so far!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...