Skip to main content

Happy Halloween!

I think we spent most of this week recovering from last weekend. We had multiple birthday celebrations, and a full (and very chilly) night of Trick or Treating.

On Saturday night, both sets of grandparents came over and helped G celebrate turning 8! There was good conversation, a yummy, easy meal, and of course cake and ice cream...and gifts! It was so nice to see everyone and gather as a larger family.


Ava and I surprised G with this Animal Crossing cake - and it was so good!


Not sure what's up with his squinty eyes here, lol!


We couldn't stay up too late on Saturday night, because we knew we'd have a late Sunday night of begging for candy from strangers. We had so much fun, though. The hardest part was to convince the kids that the chilly wind necessitated them to wear jackets under/with their costumes. Neither kid really wanted to, but after some real world exposure to the chilliness, the older one changed her mind and put on a coat. The younger one was on board once he realized it made him look like a buff crayon, haha!

We met up with several groups of friends throughout the neighborhood, which made the adult chats fun and lively. Near the end (after two hours of being out), I could tell that G's nerves were a bit frazzled, so it was a good thing we were near the end. Ava ended up joining forces with some other middle schoolers in the 'hood, so they weren't slowed down by the younger kids. It worked out great!

A green crayon, ha!


Hatsune Miku, a vocaloid




There was a fantastic Halloween display a few blocks away, so we had to check it out!


The whole crew (+ two more we met up with later on)


The kids ended up getting SO much candy. I had stocked up on really good candy this year, and we had a ton left over, so, we're all sittin' pretty with lots of candy options. Our dentist might not be pleased with us, but we're doing our best to keep our chompers clean!

My mom, G, and I went to the craft show at the local  high school today (Saturday), and I picked up some really cute décor for the house (a few new gnome pieces to bring in some character.) Can't wait for Scott get home from deer opener this weekend to see what he says about my purchases. 

Speaking of that deer guy...we talked to him earlier today and he hadn't got any deer yet. And actually, that's okay...we don't have much room in our THREE freezers for any more meat. I think the important part is that he sees his friends up north and has fun! Can't wait to hear his stories when he gets back on Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...