Skip to main content

Gold Belts + Stripe!

The kiddos are moving on up in their belts in Taekwondo! This week they earned their first stripe for their gold belt. I was watching them test, and Ava did a fantastic job. G still has a few things he could work on, but it looks like he's trying, and when he receives direct instruction, he does pretty well. Overall, I love that they are still going every week (although G threatens to quit before each session) and it gives them an individual activity that they can work on, and try to constantly improve.



It's been a really long week. COVID #s are spiking again, so we had to do a few tests this week (all were negative), but it seems like this is never going to end. Last weekend, G got his first shot for the kids vaccine, and on Thursday, I got my (Moderna) booster. G was super anxious, but did a great job with the shot (no side effects). I was a little nervous, and it wiped me out a bit for 24 hours. I ended up taking Friday afternoon off, and met Scott for lunch, did some errands, and then took a nap on the couch. It was just what I needed! I feel back to normal, and ready to face a very busy weekend.

Saturday morning I dropped G off at his cousins' house for a playdate, while I went to downtown Minneapolis for a doTERRA post-convention tour, and then out to lunch with a friend (Scott's cousin's wife.) I made it home just in time to pick up G (and Ava) for a birthday party for one of G's friends, and while he was bouncing all over at a trampoline park, Ava and I went out for an early dinner, and shopping at Target.

On Sunday, G and I have a mommy/son date to see a Rudolph musical. I have no idea what to expect, but I'm excited to take G to his second musical this season (the first was the high school play a few months ago.) This is a professional show, and should put us both in the holiday spirit!

Scott opted not to go hunting this weekend, so he's been busy with work. Definitely not taking it easy!

I can tell that we're entering the holiday season, because weekends and nights are getting all booked up with fun stuff. Can't complain about that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...