Skip to main content

Gold Belts!

Even though the kiddos earned their gold belts several weeks ago, they finally received them on Thursday! (Sounds like the belts were stuck on a cargo ship for a while...totally makes sense, given the current situation.) G has been feeling a bit lukewarm about continuing with Taekwondo (he doesn't like that they correct him when he's performing a move incorrectly...even though that's obviously what they are supposed to do.) But now that he has his gold belt, he says he wants to continue. Ava is staying strong with her desire to progress through the belts. She is one strong kid! When she kicks and hits things, she does it with power!

We are so proud of them!




We enjoyed a family dinner out on Tuesday night...we love to support our local Carbone's on Kids' Night. There's a good salad, pasta, and pizza buffet, and toys for the kids to choose. G got this cute little blue car that we ALL had fun zooming around the table. Ava somehow made it turn around, mid-run, and go the other way...all without touching it. Amazing!

There's a car on my drink!


Ava kicked off the MEA weekend with a slumber party at friend's house on Wednesday night. She had so much fun hanging out with friends, and watching movies. Needless to say, she was in bed before 9pm on Thursday night, with the lights out. She was exhausted from her late night with the girls. We're just so happy to see her interacting with people again...I'm glad she's back at school, it's made a ton of difference for her social life.

G and Scott have been up north this weekend, so Ava and I have had fun together. I took Friday off of work since it was MEA, and Ava and I ran a bunch of errands, and made dinner together. She watched a movie while I headed over to a neighbor's house for our book club gathering. It was a perfect night to sit around their fire table, and catch up on life. Several of the moms have kids who are freshman in high school, so it's been a fun little glimpse of what the near future will be with Ava. 

The little kids who were there had so much fun playing Halloween spooky games and eating yummy treats. Addie even made up a little gift bag for G, even though he wasn't there! Olivia was so sad G wasn't going to make it...she said that G was her best friend. Cute! And Trippy was pretty bummed, too. I'm sure G will love hearing all of this when he gets home...and will insist that he never misses another book club again. :)

I am heading to WI for a 5k (walk...we don't run) at a winery south of River Falls on Saturday morning, so Ava will, once again, have the house to herself. I'm looking forward to spending time with her when I get back in the afternoon. We have plans to run to Best Buy to pick up a Christmas present for G. And she and I are going to hit up a neighbor Halloween party tonight, even though we might not really know anyone. She's excited to get dressed up and show off her Miku costume! I'm not sure where her enthusiasm is coming for this, but I'd like to bottle it for myself. I'm already looking forward to going to bed tonight, lol!

One final thought...this is our last week with G as a 7 year-old. I can't believe he's going to be 8 on Friday! Where has the time gone? And like I say every year...his birthday kicks off the holiday season for us. Birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years...boom, boom, boom! 2021 sure has been better than 2020, so I certainly hope we continue this upwards trend into 2022!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...