Skip to main content

Play Time

It was a WEEK. Lots of tests (covid and strep - all negative, thank goodness), weird things gone wrong at work, and just overall crankiness. SO, to focus on the bright side...I'll highlight the fun that we had this week!

Last Sunday, like most Sundays, G accompanied me on my weekly run to the compost, and then we ventured to a new (to us) park. We ended up at a park in Lakeville and before we headed out, we took a partial walk around East Lake...and we liked it enough that we're planning on coming back for a longer walk when we have more time.


The main reason that we were in that area was so we could stop by and visit for a few hours with my parents. As always, it was so nice to catch up and see them...we started talking a bit about holiday plans, which makes the season feel rather close. Did I mention that I think George is going to have some more amazing elf adventures this year?!

Another highlight of the week was on Friday night, when G and I went to a play at a local high school. The audience was very limited...and in fact, it was so small, that we were all on-stage with the actors! It was 90 minutes, without an intermission, and I was a little concerned how G was going to do. For the most part, he was pretty good...he was getting antsy at the end, but I'm proud of how he paid attention to the storyline, and laughed at all the right places. It was the best way to kick off the weekend!


Scott's out of town at his best friend's house this weekend (getting ready for hunting season), and Ava has plans to meet up with a friend later on to play Animal Crossing. It's a gorgeous fall day, so I'm hoping we find the time to be in the fresh air for a bit. Before we know it, George will be back, there will be snow on the ground, and it might be too chilly to be outside!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...