Skip to main content

So Many Cheese Curds

Scott and I have been taking advantage of getting out more, now that I'm fully vaxxed and he still has his antibodies in place from when he had COVID in March. I left my book club a little early last Saturday night (it's fine, it's fine...we were meeting outside and a storm was rolling in) and he and I went to a local bar. There was NO one there so we had the chance to sit at the bar and catch up after a long day. We also decided to order some cheese curds, and couldn't believe how many came in the order. We made a good indent, but to eat them all would have been a digestive accident waiting to happen. That's when we needed Ava and G with us to help eat them up!

This doesn't do the curd volume justice...


It was a little chilly this week so we had some good snuggle time with the kids. G had a pretty good week at school so we all went out for dinner on Friday night. G actually ran into a buddy from SAC there, so we made some new friends in the area. Hooray!

G's monster truck creation


Morning snuggles with Puppy


On Saturday, I was able to spend most of the day with my mom at the "Girls Day Away" hosted at the Cannon River Winery. It was so wonderful to have a chance to chat and shop, and then have a leisurely lunch in town before heading north back into the cities. It was a special opportunity to be able to see my mom for such a nice length of time on Mother's Day weekend!

On that note...Happy Mother's Day to both my mom and Scott's mom! We love you both and are so happy that you are such an integral part of our lives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...