Skip to main content

Long Lost Friends

I started off the week with a fun trip to a HUGE craft show on Sunday afternoon with my mom. I have just a handful of Christmas gifts left to get, and we should be ready for the holidays! I really need to find someone who would happily wrap all of the gifts, and then I'd feel like we are set.

We took a well-deserved break after walking through the entire craft show


I did manage to order our Christmas cards and a custom gift today, so I feel like those are two more items off of the never-ending holiday checklist. Whew!

Ava had a fun field trip this week with her science class...they went to a STEM based museum and she built a catapult! Ironically, she just finished building a catapult in her Tech Ed class, so we now have two mini-catapults at our house. Scott and Ava had a competition with them to see which one worked better...and the Tech Ed one won!

G also had a fun week that included a play date at a friend's house on Thursday night. I was out with my friends at that time, so Scott played chauffeur for a bit. G got a little grumpy at the end of the play date so we've made a rule that he can't have any more play dates during the week as it's just too hard on our schedules (and his routine.)

I had a great happy hour with some long lost BIW friends on Thursday night. Love seeing my girl friends and hearing what's new...I miss having friends like that at my job (but, the amazing work-life balance that I now have is a trade-off that I'm willing to make.)

Dee, Carey, and Jen


I also got a request to meet up for lunch on Saturday with a high school friend who happened to be flying into Minnesota for Thanksgiving week. Ava, G, and I met up with Brandi and family for a late lunch by the MoA. It was great to catch up...it's been about 10 years since I've seen her! Her daughter, Maya, and G had a ton of fun playing "dragons" and they decided that they wanted to take G with them for the week. Ha! If they only knew what they were asking for... ;) Never fear, he is home with us!

Scott and I had a chance to catch a drink before heading home for the weekend on Friday after work...fun!


We're hoping to get the house decorated by the end of this weekend, as it's a short time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. It's hard to get into the holiday spirit without any snow on the ground and the warm (40's!) temps we're having right now. No complaints, though...I know the cold weather will be here soon!

Gray and red gnomes are this year's decor of choice for Christmas...this little guy is SO soft!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh