Skip to main content

Hey, It's 2019!

We made it to the next year! Not that it was really questionable, but it's always nice to see the crossover to a new set of 365 days. The kids and Scott kicked off the new year the right way, and had a four-day weekend. I went in to work on Monday, Dec 31...and it was pretty darn quiet. They let us leave around 3pm, which played well with our evening plans.

A snowstorm had rolled in on Monday afternoon, and we were debating if we should head south to our friends' house. We decided to go for it, and I'm so glad that we did. As soon as we got south of the cities, the roads were clear and there wasn't even a hint of snow in the air. Scott had everything pretty much ready to go during the day, so I think we got on the road around 4:30, and were there by 6pm.

We had so much fun ringing in the new year with our friends. Ava and Isabel always have fun together, and Evie does a good job making sure that G is included in the fun. He always ends up coming home with little toys that she gives to him...and he loves them!

Evie and G zooming around the kitchen!


All of us, with the exception of Scott, managed to stay up until midnight to see the ball drop. There was champagne and hugs, all around. G was pretty excited to be up that late, and it was a bit challenging to get him to go to bed, but when he finally did, he was OUT!

As usual, we had yummy snack and drink concoctions, and even some fun shots. Tiffany, Annie, and I attempted to watch Bird Box, and about halfway through, we took a break, and never resumed. It was so dark and disturbing...and I don't believe that I'll finish watching it. I did read a spoiler on the ending, so I know what happens, and I think that's good enough!

The strawberry puree was supposed to stay on top, but physics dictated otherwise...


Tequila!


We all went back to school/daycare/work on Wednesday, and it's been a bit tricky to get back into a normal routine. I'm putting together 2019 goal folders for the kids, and am looking forward to working towards some goals of my own. The first one is to get our house put back together, and to purge unnecessary items. The holidays are such a time of glut, and it's easy to slip into bad habits of not keeping things tidy and slim...so it's time to change that!

Merry Christmas to me! Time for a new watch...hello, Fitbit Versa!


Ava's working hard on playing her trumpet right now...we're excited for her first band concert in a few weeks, followed-up by a performance baton show. I asked G if he wants to start any activities, and he pretty much ignored my question, so...we'll see what piques his interest as he gets older.

For now, it's Funday Sunday, but also a day to get stuff done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...