Skip to main content

Frozen Frenzy

On Thursday of this past week, G told me that he wished it wasn't Thursday. I had to remind him that Thursday is 4 times better than Monday. Apparently he wanted it to be Friday (who doesn't, kid?) As I've gotten older, and saw my free time funneling to my job, I came to love my weekends. With this job change, I definitely still love my weekends, but I don't dread Mondays like I used to. I've had a bunch of ex-coworkers/friends recently give their notice at their jobs, so we've been celebrating their new beginnings, and reliving past memories of our times together at the place where we all met.

And those who have already started in their new positions agree that change is a fantastic thing, and "why did they wait so long?!?" Fear is a great motivator to stay rooted in one place. The last few months have been filled with reflections on my career, and the changes I'd like to see for the future.

What else is changing? The kids, that's who! G is growing like a weed...his size 5 shirts are too short in the sleeves, and his belly hangs out of some of them (because the shirt is too short, not because his belly is too big!) He's been a bit naughty this past week at daycare, and I have fears that he is going to end up spending some significant time in the principal's office in Kindergarten. But, after a discussion over lunch with my new coworkers, we have surmised that child #2 is usually a terror compared to the perfect child #1. G's just a bit more challenging than our lovely, obedient Ava. Good thing he's so darn cute!!

Ava has been doing really well in school, and as noted above, does everything that we ask. Every once in a while, she gets a bit sassy, but I'll take that compared to other things. I was listening to her practice her trumpet, and she sounds so good! She's also having fun with baton, and performed in the Frozen Frenzy competition yesterday with the Performance Team. I like that she's meeting new girls, and learning new skills. We are going to encourage her to keep at these two things, and get even better with practice.

The competition was running a bit behind, so we had to entertain ourselves while patiently waiting!




We're missing one girl in this picture, otherwise, this is the twirling crew!


We are going into a really, really bad cold snap this week. Scott and I are already assuming that school will be cancelled at least one day due to the wind chill temps. Yikes! I saw a meme this morning that goes off of the "30 days hath September..." saying. This meme ended with "Except January. It has 987 days." January does feel like it lasts FOR-ever. And we've had a pretty mild winter so far. Time to snuggle up and get warm!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...