Skip to main content

Leprechaun Days 2018

This is such a fun time of year to live where we do! We have 10 fun days to enjoy Leprechaun Days...our town has a strong Irish background, hence the reference to Leprechauns. There are so many fun activities planned, and we only partake in a few of them...but we look forward to them all year!

On Thursday night, I headed to Central Park with my friend Tina, and we enjoyed a chilly evening in the beer garden, while listening to GB Leighton (one of the bands we have seen many, many times when we used to go out more!) It was so nice to enjoy the beer garden without the kids, because I knew the next night would be family time, and kids aren't allowed in the beer garden!



Scott, Ava, and I picked up G from daycare on Friday night and walked over to the carnival (aka Midsummer Faire) and Ava and G had a blast playing games, riding on rides, jumping in the bouncy houses, and eating healthy snacks. Wait, what? That part's not correct. It was all junk food, all night long. Ha. Everything in moderation as a wise lady reminded me that evening (thanks, Mom!)




Both Ava and G ran into friends while we were there, so they were able to burn off some energy playing in the park, while the adults had a chance to catch up and relax.

The adults took turns in the beer garden, and enjoyed The Dweebs in the background for music. There were SO many people there, and it was fantastic weather to spend the evening outside. We eventually headed to Celts to have "real" food/drink, and then Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug walked home. We made sure to drive the back roads to avoid the crazy people walking home in the area...haha!

We skipped the parade this year, but last night, we all stayed awake to watch the fireworks. We have a perfect view of the show from the park, so we sat in comfort in our guest room, watching the bright explosions, hearing the noisy booms, but not worrying about bugs or anything. Both kids were enthralled with the show, and there were some really cool fireworks that I had never seen before. Nice job, Rosemount!

Great news! G didn't wear a pull-up last night, and he didn't have any accidents! I told him this morning that we are nearing the end of the pull-up era...we're so excited!

He was pretty excited about the "really big robot" he built the other day!


I've tracked some disturbing info about how much I've been working lately, so today, I am going to be work-free! I am going to enjoy the day with my family, and would like to be outside, feeling the sun on my face. It's a sunny blue sky right now, and I think it's going to be a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...