Skip to main content

Fun, Family, Friends, and Fireworks!

Having a day off in the middle of the week is REALLY confusing. I was asking people at the end of the day on Tuesday what they were doing this weekend, and then Thursday felt like a Monday. Super odd. But, if someone wanted to give me every Wednesday off, I am sure I could acclimate. Haha.

We had a great 4th of July...it stormed like crazy, but cleared up in the late afternoon/evening. My parents came over for the afternoon and dinner, and then after dinner, Scott, Ava, G, and I headed over to our neighbors for a small fireworks show, and some drinks. And THEN we all (minus Scott and G) trekked down to our normal fireworks spot to cap off the evening. At the end of our street, we have a clear view of the Apple Valley fireworks...but it may be the last time since houses are scheduled to be built at our viewing spot at some point in the future!


Wednesday was a wonderful day off, filled with fun, family, friends, and fireworks! My mom and I also dyed Ava's hair tips a teal color. I think it turned out pretty neat...and next time, she wants indigo. As we learned, though...this color comes out in the pool, and guess who had swimming lessons on Friday? So, the teal tips only lasted two days!


We've had a nice REAL weekend so far, as well. The weather has been perfect...sunny, a little breezy, perfect temps. And good thing, because Scott turned 42 yesterday! Happy Birthday, Scooty! He and my dad finished up the garden fence project they have been working on - it turned out great! You can see where Scott extended the garden by another 10' or so to the left this year.


Broccoli from the garden...yum!


My parents then took all of us out to dinner for Scott's birthday. We went to King's, where they have 103 different kinds of hamburgers on the menu. It took us forever to decide on what we wanted, but man, they were tasty!

There was a birthday celebration happening two tables away from us...and as the servers walked by, G yelled out that it was his daddy's birthday, too. Guess who was NOT super thrilled to get a candle on his burger, and a song? LOL! But, they did also give him a birthday beer, so that made it all better.


We then stopped at DQ on the way home for some birthday treats...and it was grand. Both Scott and I were lamenting about how full we were once we got home. But, after the kids went to bed, we managed to stay awake to watch an entire movie (ok, ok, he stayed awake, and I think I fell asleep for the last 15 minutes.) But what I saw was funny!

Today is another gorgeous day, albeit a bit warm...it'll be in the 90's today, and we're going to take the kids to the park to burn off some energy and do a few errands. Scott's going to work on staining our front porch, and I'm going to work on finishing up the last of the Harry Potter books. I have a ton of half-finished things...books, scrapbooks, movies, TV shows, etc...and it's driving me nuts. I want to focus on one thing at a time, and start wrapping things up.

I went for a walk during lunch on Friday and thought this view was so pretty...I've been to the same spot during all seasons of the year, and by far, it's my favorite place to walk!


It's been a great few days with our loved ones...Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...