Skip to main content

The Madness Ensues

Whew, we survived! This past week was a doozy, but I can see the end in sight...it’s so close! This was Ava’s last week of band lessons AND her last week of baton (she’ll start up again in the fall, but we’re going to take a little break for the rest of the summer.)  She has now requested to take guitar lessons, so guess what I’ve been researching... Honestly, I think it’s great. She doesn’t have much interest in sports, so if she wants to take lessons in art, music, whatever, I will support that!

Ava’s final baton performance was on Friday night, so I had to zip out of work early, fly across the cities from Edina, pick her up in Eagan, get her dressed and made up, and then zoom south to Farmington. We struggled quite a bit with getting her hair into a bun, but luckily another mom was able to help us once we got to the high school.

Her class didn’t have a lot of practice time for this show...they each missed one practice, and didn’t really focus much during their classes. I was super nervous for Ava to perform, simply because she didn’t know the routine. But, when their turn came, she did so much better than I expected. She was focused, she followed the routine, and she smiled the whole time. I am so, so proud of her! I don’t often feel like she applies herself 100%, so seeing her do so was amazing!




Her good form at the beginning led into a great routine for Ava!


G had a pretty good week...he seems to be on the upswing of being better at daycare, and not being mean to the other little kids. He’s also going on about two months of no accidents in his underwear. In fact, the other morning as he was getting dressed, he pulled off his pj bottoms, and realized that he and Dad had forgotten to put a pull-up on him for bedtime. He wore his underwear overnight...and didn’t have an accident! In the past few weeks, I think he’s only had wet underwear a few times in the morning, and is generally dry. The end of potty training is so close...I can feel it!

I had a crazy week at work...I was supposed to have two project launches and on-premise client meetings (all within a 24 hour period) but luckily, one of my launches delayed by a week, and I bailed on my client meetings. I simply couldn’t do it all. I have so much work to do, and I worked several hours yesterday, and will do so for a bit today, but I’m seeing a bit of a reprieve in the near future as my projects get off the ground.

This made me laugh...our lilac tree bloomed and lost all of its flowers several weeks ago, but this little guy joined us late! I also noticed that he'll have a tiny friend blooming next to him soon. Apparently even our trees are a bit frazzled and can't get everything done on time!


Scott has been running around like a mad man...due to the timing of Ava’s trumpet lessons, he was the one who did both drop off and pick up each night for that activity. He’s also been spending a fair amount of time in handling the aftermath of his uncle passing away. Yesterday, Scott and friends cleared out the apartment, and will be taking the final load of items to Goodwill today. I will be leading the charge on cleaning the apartment today, and then we should be done with that piece. The plan is to have a celebration of life in October, so there is still some planning to do, but the immediate items are getting worked through. Scott has been running on very little sleep and he’s exhausted...he needs to have a day to recuperate.

So, it’s a good thing we have a family vacay coming up! We’ll be heading north this summer, and joining my parents in Grand Marais, staying right on Lake Superior for several days. Our immediate family is going to do an overnight in Duluth on the way up, so I’ll be booking that hotel today. We just need to get Lucky into a kennel, and we’ll be set! I’m looking forward to having some relaxing time away from everything. This summer has been crazy, and it doesn’t seem like we’ve been able to enjoy it.  Cheers to better times ahead!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

26 Hours in a Day

Just yesterday morning, I was thinking to myself that I could really use a few more hours each day.  We don't sleep a whole lot, both work long hours at our jobs, try to play with Ava as much as we can at night and on the weekends, and then we have to do all of the adult-stuff...paying bills, grocery shopping, cleaning, work on side jobs, house projects, etc.  If there were only 26 hours in a day, we could: *Sleep just an extra 30 minutes - we need it since the dogs have been waking us up each weekend day at 5:30am.  What could be SO urgent that they need to get us up then?!?  You'd think we only feed them once a week, or something. *Spend an extra hour with Ava...we could go to the park every night, take an extra long bath, read a few extra stories, and just enjoy the giggles and chattiness. *Take 30 minutes to talk to each other about how things are going.  With Scott leaving for work each day before 5am, and then all of the craziness that ensues when I get home at nigh