Skip to main content

Sprinter, the New Season

Last year I remember being overjoyed that our last snowfall came in March. A few years ago, we had a snowstorm in early May. I'm not sure why I'm so surprised that we are still getting snow in April. And there are at least two more snow storms in the forecast for the coming week. I didn't even mind the snow storm (that closed school!) this past Tuesday until I realized that everyone else was really irritated by the lingering winter. People have dubbed this season as "Sprinter"...Winter + Spring.

My thought is that if it snows, it won't stick around long. The ground has warmed up enough, and the sun is stronger and brighter during the days now...so it's only a short time that the white stuff sticks to the ground. I'm used to rain on my birthday, so I'm okay with that...as long as it doesn't turn to snow. Come on, Mother Nature, you've got two more weeks to get this back on track!

We had a weird schedule this past week...we had a snow day on Tuesday, cancelled baton class due to the snowfall, I worked at home on Wednesday, and G got sent home sick on Thursday late morning, which means he couldn't go back to daycare until noon on Friday. I had an early intense meeting on Friday that I had to take from home...with a sick child lurking in the background. The entire work week felt off, and I'm not sure I accomplished very much during that time. Luckily (?) I was able to work for several hours on Saturday afternoon and feel like I got things back on track. I don't enjoy working on my weekends, but this will allow me to start the work week with a clear idea of what needs to get done!

G surrounded me with his five puppy dogs while I was working at home on Friday morning


We finally cracked open some of the Easter eggs and they are fabulous! My hard-boiled eggs never turn out quite right (biggest culprit is the gray around the yolk) but these are perfect! There isn't any gray, the texture is exactly as it should be, and they are easy to peel. I need to give props to my friend Ryan for giving me the exact method to use for boiling eggs. We've had so many "nerdy egg talks" in the last week or so, that we actually scared someone away from joining us at a work event on Thursday afternoon. Ha!


Ava's trumpet is ready to go for her summer band lessons! It's been checked out by a music store, approved to play, and we've greased up those valves! I tried it out yesterday and Ava told me it was loud. This will be fun!

G is feeling much better...the bug only stuck around for the morning bouts of sickness at daycare, and he's been fine ever since. On the snow day we ended up watching the Netflix remake of Benji, and last night watched E.T. I didn't realize that both of these movies would have me in tears, multiple times throughout the shows. I don't recall them being that sad when I was little! Ava has decided she doesn't want to watch sad movies anymore, and I can't say that I blame her!

The sun is shining right now, but we're counting down the hours until the snow starts to fly. We don't have any plans this afternoon, so we should be able to take it easy and enjoy some good family time, too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...