Skip to main content

Happy Easter 2018!

G and I had a wonderful Good Friday off this week. We were successful in getting his hair cut, renewing my driver's license, and even shopping a little bit in the morning. After we got back from running errands, I was able to take a little snooze while he played with trucks in the living room. I haven't napped in a while and it was GREAT!

After G went down for a nap in the afternoon, I was super productive and plowed through a bunch of stuff that I needed to get done. I even had time to boil eggs so we could dye them that night! I found a fun metallic egg dying kit, so the eggs were different than anything than we had done before. The kids went wacky with their decorations, Scott added a face to one of his and the word "BEER" to another one (no surprise there...he won 3rd place in my workplace pumpkin carving contest a few years ago with that same theme for a pumpkin!) I kept mine nice and simple and just painted them solid metallic to match the dye. So, we have a nice variety of decorated eggs!



Just missing the "B" and the "R"...


Interesting expressions...G is laughing hysterically, and Ava looks pained by it...


Saturday was another busy day...Scott worked in the morning, so I was with the kids all morning, and then I headed out to a local craft show with my mom. I found some GREAT gifts for the kids and even bought myself a new shirt! As soon as I got home, we packed up the truck and headed out of town to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. Since they live over an hour away, we decided it was best to spend the night so we could enjoy our time there. It was great to catch up with our friends and all of the kids had a blast playing together. Poor G was a little sad there weren't any little boys there to play with him, so he threw in the towel and went to bed early. He's probably the only one who isn't tired today!

And that's a good thing since it's Easter, and the kids had an Easter Egg hunt at the house when we got home! The Easter Bunny visited the house while we were gone and left baskets, goodies, and eggs for them. Even Scott and I got a little treat from the big bunny, which is always appreciated!



G also got a new game (much belated birthday gift) so he's had a blast today playing with all of his toys. I forgot to pack his Kindle for the overnight trip, and he was totally fine with it. He hasn't turned it on since Friday (I think?) and I love seeing him use his imagination to play, instead of just looking at a screen!

Happy Easter to you and your family! It is, indeed, a very special day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...