Skip to main content

Shorts and Snow

Spring has arrived, and I think it’s here to stay! Last weekend was glorious, and we thoroughly enjoyed the Minnesota sunshine. Ava has rediscovered her love for bike riding, and was zooming around the neighborhood all day on Sunday. G isn’t quite at the point where he can pedal on his own, but, we’re working on it!

Ava was testing out her friend's hoverboard...and now she wants one of her own!


How many times can you say you've shoveled snow while wearing shorts?



Ava has inherited her dad’s skin, which means they tan very easily, and very rarely burn. I couldn’t believe it when we realized that Ava’s cheeks and shoulders were pink from playing outside last weekend. This may be the first time she’s ever been burned, and boy, she was not happy about it. G and I have fair skin, so burns are a common occurrence for us, no matter how much sunscreen we wear. Ava’s pink cheeks were a great reminder to pull out the ol’ SPF and make sure we’re protected while enjoying the sunny weather!

I worked almost 60 hours this week, so I’m really not sure what else happened around our house in the last seven days. I know Ava had baton class...and G had pop-tarts at daycare one morning for breakfast, but...that’s all I can recall. Haha...sad...

While I was at a movie last night with some neighborhood friends, Scott, Ava, and G had a bonfire and s’mores with our next door neighbors. It was a great night to be outside (or in a movie theater, enjoying a non-animated movie) hanging out with family and friends!

I think this entire post is about the weather, so I might as well wrap it up with comments about how gorgeous it is, right NOW! Blue skies and mid 50’s...so great! We will definitely be enjoying some family time outside today. It’s supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow! And there’s a fire danger right now...the grass hasn’t greened up yet, so there’s lots of dry stuff on the ground right now. Can't wait to see the flowers start to blossom and have our lilac tree bloom. LOVE this time of year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...