Skip to main content

Secret Santa

One of the many fun things about this season is that my team does a Secret Santa for those people who want to participate.  It's a fun, easy thing to do, and is a definite day brightener!  My Secret Santa did awesome this year...I was having a very rough day on Wednesday, and when I came back from a client meeting, I had 3 bottles of booze and a box of my favorite crackers waiting for me!  At that point, I knew it had to be someone who sits by me, as another coworker and I also talk about how we just can't get enough of these crackers.






She (yes, now I know who it is) really did well...Christmas decor, chocolate, candles, liquor and crackers, and then on Friday, she had put together a mini garden for me in a glass bowl.  These are a few of my favorite things!  Turns out my SS was a developer who sits right across the wall from me...she hears my rough days, she hears my good/bad conversations, and she definitely hears me crunching on crackers throughout the day.  A big thanks to Rachel for making my days this week a little bit more merry and bright!

We've made it through the 2014 Christmas "checklist"...all gifts (even the last minute ones) are wrapped, all packages have been mailed, Christmas cards are stuffed and ready to be mailed (wish they had been done last week, but oh well), Christmas light looking is done (finished that last night after a dinner out with the family) and we finally made it to see Santa. 

In order to make that happen, I told my directors that I was leaving on time on Wednesday night, no matter what was happening at work...I had a commitment to my family that I intended to keep.  I made it home at a decent time, and we were off to visit Santa!  The line wasn't as long as last year, but sheesh, who knew there would be so many people waiting to see Santa on a Wednesday night!?

Patiently waiting in line...taking an "elfie selfie"!


They did great - no tears, only smiles!


Garrett was a super lucky little boy as Santa also made a stop at his daycare on Thursday...and again, he did great...no tears, just smiles!  I love how this little guy is so easy-going!

This coming week is going to be a whirlwind...Scott and I both work on Monday, and then on Tuesday, we catch a flight and head off to Colorado to spend the holiday with my parents.  Hoping for great weather, good food, and wonderful memories!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...