Skip to main content

Gingy's New Home

Another super, crazy busy week is in the books, but we were able to end it with some holiday fun.  All of the 1st grade classes at Ava's school invited the parents to join them in making gingerbread houses on Friday afternoon.  It was a GREAT excuse to leave work early (no worries, I got in way more than 40 hours of work this week,) and spend some one-on-one time with Ava doing something fun and different. Most of the parents took the kids home once the gingerbread house building was done, but I had another plan...and I stuck to it.  I felt a tiny little bit bad about leaving Ava at school, but there were other kids there until the end of the day, so she had fun playing with them, and meeting new people.

She used the cone to catch the gumballs...it didn't end up being a tree like it was supposed to be!


Our finished project...not sure it really looks like a house, but we had fun, and that's all that matters!


So what did I do with that free time?  Well, I took those extra two hours and got my gift wrapping done!  That doesn't seem like a huge deal except that I really, really dislike wrapping gifts.  I dread it...the monotony of the task just puts me over the edge. If I wasn't so practical, I would hire someone to wrap all of the gifts every year! 

In any case, I came home, put on some Christmas music, drank some eggnog, and wrapped every last gift that we had.  Yahooo!  And I then met Ava at the bus stop, and went and picked up G from daycare.  It was a nice change of pace for an afternoon...much better than being stuck in meetings, or behind my laptop at work.

We were supposed to do a few more fun holiday things yesterday (meet up with cousins to see Santa, and then go to Christmas party last night,) but I picked up a nasty cold, so had to bail on both of them.  Instead, I was able to spend some much-needed time at home, and then we went out to dinner as a family, headed to Toys R Us (that was Ava's favorite part - she was SO excited) and then drove around looking at Christmas lights.  We hit up the old neighborhood last night for lights, and then next weekend, we will drive around Rosemount to see how people have decorated. 

Ava and I also found time to bake three loaves of Grandma Goers' delicious banana bread...can't wait to dig in and eat it up.  So good!!!

Look at that outfit (I didn't choose it!)



On the move!

 




Always a protective big sister...plus, she was hitting him on the head with the ball.


It's been really weird Minnesota winter weather...like all of the snow is gone, and it was WARM yesterday.  I'm not complaining, I'm really not.  We vividly recall how very cold and snowy last winter was, so all I can hope is that we have somewhat of a normal winter this year.  As we were heading home last night from Christmas light looking, it got really foggy, which we don't see happen too often.  Scott often likes to refer to the move "The Fog"...so once the fog came out, we headed home!

I noticed we had weird designs in our yard yesterday morning...our version of crop circles??


It's hard to believe that Christmas is just 11 days away.  I have just two more gifts to buy, and we are done with the holiday prep...all we have left to do is enjoy it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...