Skip to main content

Light Fight...or not!

We are so freakin' busy...with everything!  I read a really interesting article this week about not to let this time of year get overwhelming...with the holidays, mostly, which is certainly a busy time, but when you add everything else on top of it (work, family, etc.) it can be a bit crazy.  And this is supposed to be a fun time, so we have to make sure that we remember that!  Work is absolutely insane right now, so I'm trying really hard to try to make sure that I enjoy all of the non-work stuff, too!

We've been doing really well making sure that George (the elf) is making his nightly trips to see Santa, and then having Ava find his new landing place in the morning.  We've got a fun chocolate-house building session all lined up for next weekend...and we even made fudge yesterday.  I managed to slice my palm on aluminum foil yesterday while prepping for fudge (and it bled for at least an hour) so now I think Ava is terrified (or intrigued?) by the powers of foil, when it looks so harmless. :)  As we were making fudge, I kept reminding her not to touch the hot pot, and Scott finally told her that there are some things she just needs to learn for herself.  (And, no, she didn't burn herself...but there were a few close calls yesterday.)






Scott hung up some Christmas lights last night, and then we watched some "Light Fight" tv show where people compete for the best outdoor Christmas decorations, and our basic outside decor looked really, really simple...and we're okay with that.  With everything that we had going on at this time last year (new house, new baby) we didn't decorate outside at all, so I'm happy that we even have anything lit up (outside) at all this year.  We already have plans on how/where to increase the lights on the house in the coming years!

I've managed to get quite a few of our gifts purchased/created, and have a very good idea of the rest of the items we need to pick up, so it feels good that it's only December 7, and we're this far along.  I remember a few years ago, that we were shopping for gifts just a few days before Christmas, and it felt like we were really late that year.  This year is different - and it feels wonderful!

I picked up G's one year pics a few weeks ago, and I think they turned out great - even though he was having a mini-meltdown with how long everything took during the photo shoot.  He's such a handsome little guy - you can tell that he and Ava are related, but they definitely have different features.  Love this little guy SO much!!!


So, with that said, this is going to be a really short post this week, as there are one million things left to do today, and only a few short hours to do them in.  Wishing you a happy (and productive) Sunday and start to the new week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...