Skip to main content

Should Have Knocked on Wood...

Remember when just a mere seven days ago, I said it was great that G hadn't gotten sick yet?  We SO should have found a 2x4 and pounded the heck out of it.  G developed a really nasty cough, and on Tuesday, I ended up taking him to the doc to get it checked out.  Turns out that G had croup.  Awesome!  He's too young for steroids, so we couldn't help the virus with medication.  Double awesome!

So, what do you do?  You pull out the humidifier, crank it up, and pray for the best.  G ended up staying home with Scott on Wednesday, but he was back to daycare on Thursday and Friday...and doing much better.  He still has a cough, but it's not as deep and bark-y as his croup cough was.  We felt so bad for the little guy.  And I am now a master of sucking snot out of his nose.  Motherhood is not as glamorous as it appears, people! Hahaha...that went out the window with poopy diapers, spit up, exhaustion, etc.  Good thing those kids are so darn cute.

On the other hand, Ava's on her last dose of medicine for her strep.  When I took G in to get checked out, they recognized him from his visit with Ava just three days prior.  Good thing we have insurance!  Ava's doing much, much better, but I think she's picked up a cold, too.  Man, when do we get to open up the windows and get the germies out of here?!

Let's see, besides illness, what's happened over this past week?  Scott actually took three days off from work....and worked.  At his side business, but at least he wasn't at his "real" job.  And he was happy.  So, I think we'll be seeing some changes in the future.  Which is great - life's too short not to be happy with a job.  Or anything that you spend that much time with, actually. 

G has been rolling a ton at daycare, but not here at home, so we're trying to get him to move a bit more on the floor.  I do giggle every morning when I wake him up...he's always in a different position in the crib.  But his hands are always up by his head.  He looks like such a little ladies man with his hands behind his head, snoozing away.

Tummy time!


Mommy and G time!



Time to get moving around the house - have a great week!

Comments

Megan said…
Daycare told me Friday she had 3 kids & 2 parents out with strep last week. Ugh. I think we will have more issues with sickness with the weather going from 40 to 20 every other day. Croup is scary stuff too! Hope he's feeling better.

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...