Skip to main content

Green is Good...Really Good!

We had an anomaly this week...Ava got 5 green days in a row!  We've had fun each day coloring the appropriate earned color on her Barbie calendar, and it hit me that this month, she's had a majority of greens with a smattering of yellow.  So proud of her for keeping that non-stop mouth under control!  And for that, she's earned a trip to the Barbie Dreamhouse at the Mall of America.  I won't lie, I'm also looking forward to it. :)

We actually haven't seen her since yesterday.  Ha.  That makes it sound like our little 5 year old is off wandering the streets of Minneapolis, getting into some crazy hijinks.  In reality, she's been with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey since after school yesterday.  They picked her up and surprised her with a trip to the circus this afternoon.  We'll have to see what she thought of it!  We're also bringing G up to their house for an overnight adventure.  Scott and I are going to celebrate with one of my newly married co-workers.  I'm looking forward to some excellent Indian food tonight! (Editor's note from post-party: the food was fantastic, and it was heart-warming to see so many people at this celebration!)

Everyone's health improved this week.  G got over his crappy croup, Ava healed from her sickly strep.  Even Darla, who has had something funky with her left eye is on the mend (anytime an eyeball oozes blood, it's a tad concerning.)  Scott took her to the vet and they gave her some ointment - she's looking so much better, thank goodness.

I had a great day off of work on Friday.  G didn't have daycare so he and I hung out at home and got a ton of stuff done.  That never ending pile of paper on our counter seems to have an end!  It was a great feeling to get caught up with so many tedious projects.  Still lots to go, but we made progress.  I think I just need to set bite-sized goals for each week, and not be overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of things.  Before we know it, spring will really be here, and we'll have lots of fun landscaping projects to work on.  Out with the muddy front yard, and in with the sod!  And flowers.  And garden (maybe just an herb garden this year...)

This made me giggle...G was tucked away against the wall, almost hiding in the curtains one night this week.  It seemed like a good way to be camouflaged from his inquisitive big sister...


 I didn't realize that dogs spoon...they LOVE soaking up the sun!  It is nice and warm in our guestroom from that huge window.



Scott and I are off to enjoy breakfast this morning, while it's still just the two of us...and then chaos (+ her brother) will return.  I missed that chaos, and can't wait to put my arms around it and give it (her) a squeeze!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...