Skip to main content

One More Day

Last Sunday, we had fun celebrating Christmas with Scott's mom and Whitey.  It was nice and low-key...just perfect after the busy times we have had over the last several weeks.

Ava was exploring the contents of her stocking...and G's!


Little G made a haul - if only he could lift his head up to see it all! ;)


Grandma Deb was NOT pinching you - no tears allowed, buddy!


There must have been something really good on tv!


This was my last full week at home before heading back to work (I go back this coming Tuesday,) so I really needed to focus on get more things knocked off our project list.  And I did!  I love those days where so much gets accomplished...  Ava didn't have school on Friday (or tomorrow), so she and I headed over to the neighbor's house for lunch on Friday, and then Ava went back on Friday evening to play a bit before dinner.  I feel like we're really settling in here...Scott and Ava played outside yesterday in the snow, and when I peeked out the window, they were chatting with some other neighbors.  Such friendly people here!

As an added bonus, my friend Corinne came over for a visit on Thursday afternoon.  I had fun picking her brain for decorating ideas, and I (hope) she had fun getting in some snuggles with G.  Can't wait to have more friends over - I love getting people's help with decor brainstorms!

Ava's class is going to see a play in Minneapolis this week - she's pretty excited!  Overall, she's still doing well in school; however, she got a "red day" last week.  She generally gets green days, or when she talks too much, she gets yellow.  But...not this week.  She was talking (of course) but she and two other girls were also playing in the bathroom.  It's hard getting the full story out of a 5-year old, but she has a great teacher, so we got a bit more detail.  Let's just say that Ava hasn't had her tablet since that incident!

Sometimes it's best to let her wear what she wants...this was her "fruit day" selection - a pineapple shirt and cherry pants.  And two tattoos. And three bracelets, and one choker.  One day we'll discuss the "less is more" concept, but for now, she's having fun!



Garrett is continuing to do well...sleeping through the night, self-pacifying by sucking on his fingers/thumb, and reaching out for objects in his line of sight.  He gets frustrated when he can't reach his mobile, but when he's not trying to touch it, he's having fun smiling at it.

Chillin' with Mom in front of the fireplace


LOVE the concerned look on his face...and the outstretched arm!


Wish us luck in the coming week...big changes for both G and me!  Plus, Ava's excited to see her friends again from the before-school Kids Choice program.  Looks like we'll finally be able to get back into a normal routine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...