Skip to main content

I Love Lamp

And the frigid temps continued here...enough that they closed school for a 2nd day in a row!  I just read an article that states that Minneapolis/St Paul is ranked the most consistently cold city during the core winter months (December, January and February.)  This is based on 30-years of average temps, for the 100 most populous cities in the U.S.  Sigh...

Anyway, after 2.5 weeks, Ava finally went back to school on Wednesday!  I got SO much done on Wednesday and Thursday, with her being out of the house!  There are still a ton of projects to do around the house, but we're knocking them out, when we find the time.  Now that we have the major furniture in place, I've moved into the decorating phase.  We don't have anything on our walls yet, but that's okay - I need to think about what we're going to put up, and where.  All in due time! :)

Since we had an extra day to spend together, I pretty much ran out of fun projects for us to do.  Luckily, I had one last thing for us to do...it was something I wanted to do last winter, but never got around to it.  Ava and I tested our skills at candy making!  Well, not MAKING, as much as melting and molding.  It was messy, but fun - and the end result was pretty darn good!  They are two layers - peppermint candy cane and dark chocolate.  YUM!  The nice thing is that this candy mold can also be used as flowers, so I told Ava we'll make a spring time version once the snow is gone!





Garrett's doing so well...he's consistently sleeping through the night.  I generally put him to bed around 10pm, and then have to wake him up at 6:45 to eat.  Things will shift a little bit after I go back to work, but at least we know he will sleep through the night.  Whew...  We had his 2-month appointment, and he's doing well...his growth is on track, and he took his vaccines like a champ.  A crying champ, but a champ, nonetheless! :)

He's such a happy little guy.  And he appears to be fascinated with our Tiffany-style lamp that we have.  He stares at it, smiles at it, and I'm sure he'll be talking to it shortly.  We already find him talking to his puppies on his mobile, and he coos at us.  I love this stage!




It's my last week at home before I go back to work, and I've got a full list of things to do.  But, I want to be sure to take some time to enjoy the moments with G before his daycare adventure.  These last 11 weeks have flown by...but at least it's been fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...