Skip to main content

Time to Pack!

Our basement is full of boxes - floor to ceiling boxes!  It's good, because we need them to pack and move, but...bad because that means we need to do the work of getting everything into those boxes.  Yesterday was the first nice Saturday we've had in 6+ months, and while I should have been in the basement starting to pack, I just couldn't do it.  I needed to sit in the sun.  So....the boxes will wait for another day!

A little change in plans over the last week...we opted not to go with the dog-friendly townhouse I looked at last weekend, because last night, we signed the lease on a larger townhome, which is much closer to Maple Tree Day School.  That means we won't be driving an extra 20 minutes out of the way two times a day to drop off/pick up Ava this summer.  Instead, we'll be driving just an extra 5 minutes - all the way from Inver Grove Heights! 

Sometimes, things just work out like they are supposed to.  I was getting stressed out about where we were going to live during this transition period.  Our realtor mentioned that his pastor rents a townhome in IGH, so we contacted him, took a look, and signed all within a 5-day period!  He was flexible with the end date and did a 5-month lease, and we can discuss adjustments as needed as the end date comes closer.  The pastor (John) has a 6-year old granddaughter named Ava...so I'm thinking there will be some playdates this summer!  Plus, we learned a bit about our soon-to-be neighbors...sounds like there are some right around our age with kids, and they like to have bonfires in the summer.  Sounds pretty good to me!

Checking that off the to-do moving list was HUGE!  We'll be moving on May 22-23 into the new place, and then closing on our current house on May 24.  Seems like it's best that we are as organized as possible to make it through the next three weeks...

We ran into a small glitch with the builder for our new house - they weren't sure they were going to be able to increase the depth of the garage, but it sounds like they have come up with a few options that may work.  We all want this to get signed off on soon so it can get started!

Ava is currently with Grandma Deb and Grandpa Whitey right now, and I reminded Scott this morning how easy it was to get stuff done around the house without a 4-year old constantly demanding our attention.  I always enjoy the time when Ava is visting family, but yesterday, I did miss her a bit.  I had to snap myself out of that, as I know she'll be home soon enough!

Scott and I took advantage of the free night and went out to eat in Minnetonka (on the west side of the cities)...we drove out there to look at a potential business and decided to try something new for dinner.  It was great getting out of our usual neighborhood, but boy, that drive home was a long one last night.

Ava and I had plans to watch a movie on Friday night, but instead we ended up watching Monsters vs. Aliens, and then Bubble Guppies, and then...I have no idea.  Because we both fell asleep.  Scott came in from working outside to find us in the dark, with the TV on...both happily snoozing.  Hey, Friday nights are hard - the minute I sit down, I know I'm out for the count! :)

Imagine my surprise when I checked our camera this morning and found this lovely gem waiting for me..turns out Pillow Pets really do make good pillows!


We're going to have another nice day, which means I will not be in the basement packing!  It's currently 65 degrees - hard to believe that less than a week ago, we got 8" snow.  As long as spring is really here for the season, then I'll forgive Mother Nature for that white stuff. 

Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...