Skip to main content

#37

It's that time of year...my birthday!  I've been so focused lately on everything that is going on with the house, work, etc, that this one snuck up quietly on me. 

Besides the snow that's coming down right now (snow?  really?  it RAINS on my birthday not SNOWS! c'mon Mother Nature!)  we've had a good weekend celebrating...I went out with a good friend on Friday night (her birthday is two days before mine, so it was a joint celebration), and last night, Scott, Ava and I went out for dinner.  We ate waaaay too much food, but we still managed to squeeze in a little bit of dessert.  The thick, warm chocolate chip cookie filled with liquid chocolate, topped with ice cream was too good to resist!

Our house is being cleaned on Tuesday, so I was even able to skip cleaning this weekend - and THAT was just about the best present I could have asked for.  I got so much stuff done around here, so I can relax a bit today.  Later this afternoon, we have a retirement party to go to for Scott's old boss, so at least we'll get some good food, drinks, and cake there, too!

The current housing situation is top of mind lately...we switched to a bigger lot so we can build a house with a three-car garage (the other couple that had a verbal hold on the lot backed down when we presented a written offer.)  We're waiting to hear final word on the total price, and then we can start the process of building.  Yay!  In the meantime, I looked at a short-term town house yesterday...it's hard to find a short-term lease that will accept dogs.  But, I did!  So, we need to decide today if we're going to sign the lease...and then we can start the decluttering, packing and moving process.  Hard to believe it's almost time to close on the house!  (May 24)

There have been a few times lately that people have asked if we were growing out Ava's bangs.  Ha!  That's just us being lazy about getting her hair cut. :)  So, yesterday, we made a trip to get her hair styled.  She wanted to look just like Snow White, so I had to make it clear we were NOT going to be dyeing her hair black and putting curls in it.  Instead, we ended up with a shorter, layered 'do.  I think it looks great - and it should be much easier to comb through after her bath (we fight the tangles every night...ugh.) 



This should be a great day...looking forward to making this upcoming year a memorable one!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...