Skip to main content

Spring...Maybe?

We had a wonderful Easter gathering with Scott's family last weekend...even though the weather was a little cooler than it has been for the last few Easters, the kids still got outside and ran off some of that Easter sugar.  The adults probably should have done that, too, since we all seemed to eat so much food while we were there!

This year Easter was really fun for us...Ava totally participated in coloring the eggs, and she couldn't wait to find all of the eggs hidden in the house.  Once again, she looked in places that I thought would have been too hard...the EB really needs to step it up for next year!







It was also a busy week of looking at houses, meeting with a builder, and moving forward on the housing adventure!  We decided on a lot in Rosemount this past weekend and have put a verbal hold on it.  We need to see if one other lot in the development could fit a three car garage, and if so, we'll need to see if we can purchase that one instead.  That should be wrapped up this week, if all goes well.  It's exciting, though, as we have decided on a floorplan...it seems that it's finally shaping up - and we may have this completed by summer's end!  In the meantime, we've started to see what the options are for temp housing...trying not to panic, as I know it will all work out.  It's just weighing on the back of my mind - but not too heavily.  Yet.  Ask me in a week how I'm doing. :)

One of the best things about this week is that the snow is almost all gone!  It's a cool 52 degrees out right now, but the sun is shining.  Scott raked up the yard, and Ava's been cruising the alley on her bike.  I'm actually really happy to see her so excited to be riding, as at the end of last summer, she appeared to be lukewarm about hopping on her bike.  Maybe those few extra inches she has grown is helping her confidence a bit!



This week we have two playdates lined up in the evening for Ava...one with Catherine, and one with Ellie and Lydia.  Crossing fingers that it'll be warm enough that maybe they can be outside for a bit!  Even better for me is that I have a playdate with my friend Tiffany on Saturday...spa day!  Ava and Scott will drive down separately for the evening, so Tiff and I can hang out and catch up for a bit.  Can't wait!  There are lots of really fun and great things to look forward to in the coming weeks! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...