Skip to main content

Dude.

So, no new news on the potty training - Ava goes when she wants, and she may or may not let us know when that is.  However, we did pass a milestone this past week - she was able to pick two items from her "potty treat bucket".  Normally, that's not a combo of words that I would usually use together - but in this case, it works!  When she goes at least 5 / 7 days AT HOME in one week, she gets to pick a bigger "treat" out of a bucket.  Last week, she picked a fancy-schmancy lavender headband with a huge flower...and at the same time, she scoped out what other items were available.  Ava saw there was a pink purse in there, and kept that in mind for the next round!  There's also a set of pink and red nail polish, so I'm hoping that she picks that next time.  All I have to say, is thank goodness for the $1 bin at Target!

Ava helped me bake some yummy brownies last week - and she actually DID help!  She followed my directions, and got everything stirred up, nice and well.  FINALLY.  She's beginning to give back to the family.  Ha!  Had I only cooked the brownies long enough, they would have been perfect.  At least someone followed directions well...

And her latest, positively most annoying thing that she's picked up lately is a new word.  Dude.  As in, "Later, dude."  "Thanks, dude."  "Bye, dude."  O.M.G.  If I have to hear that word one more time, I might rip my ears off.  Oh, and then she added it to our names - I'm now Mommy-dude, and Scott's Daddy-dude.  Cute the 1st 10 times.  Not so cute 201 times later.

Hiding before making the brownies.  Not sure why.  BUT, notice the headband?




I asked her why she lined up all of her Little People outside of the house.  She told me they were watching the fire.  I was never able to clarify if the house was burning down, or if they had a fireplace inside.  In any case...creative!


Yesterday, my friend Tina and I went with a group on a winery tour in WI.  We had a great time - and I bought my first bottle of port.  Yum!  After the tour (and our drinks), we went exploring on the grounds.

This is the main building - they hold weddings in the field we were in, and also polocrosse games.  It was a lovely place - can't wait to go back again!


I do believe this is our sampling of the port...


So, dudes, hope you had a most excellent weekend.  This Mommy-dude is off to do a pedi, and some relaxing.  Happy Memorial Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...