Skip to main content

We have a baby...in a bar.

Well, I didn't do too hot on the pics this week, so we'll have to rely on a few from Lisa! These are from last Sunday when we went on a walk and played in a park in Woodbury. Dylan and Ava both look so happy!


Ava has taken to using her knees as a form of transportation - she'll pop up on them, and hop around, like she's a bunny! It's fine when it's outside on the grass, or inside on the carpet, but outside on the concrete? OUCH!

We also visited Grandma Deb in the hospital on Wednesday night. She had a knee replacement, so we brought her some flowers and a cranky baby to help the healing process. :) Grandma Deb is now out of the hospital, and doing well!

The 2nd tooth (bottom right if you're looking at Ava) made an appearance this week! And then it disappeared and no one else could find it. I thought I might have been crazy, but then it popped up again yesterday. Ava's not too keen about letting us put our fingers in her mouth and poking around.

Thursday night, Scott had to take Ava into the doctor for a diaper rash that just wasn't getting any better. The doc prescribed an ointment that looks like it's starting to finally clear things up. At least it's not as bright red as it had been! Anyway, the nice thing about those un-scheduled visits is that we get a height/weight on her. She's now 29" long, and 21.5 lbs. Our little porker gained 3.5 lbs since her visit just 2 months ago! At least we know she's a good eater!

Yesterday afternoon and early evening, we went to the Rack N Roll silent auction at Jersey's bar in IGH. We felt a little weird bringing Ava into the bar, but there were a ton of other kids and babies there, so we got over it pretty quickly. Ava had her first taco experience there, and she loved it! She also loved crawling around on the very dirty floor. Ugh. To make matters worse, during one of her intense fussy spells (you know, the kind where everyone in the room turns and looks at you?) I took her outside to play for a bit. She stood up in the parking lot, and then promptly fell over, leaving dirt, gravel, and general junk all over her pink pants. And toes. And hands.

Let's just say the bath was badly needed last night!

If the weather cooperates today, we're going to spend lots of time outside, and just hang around the house. I'm looking forward to a "plan-free" day. Whew!

Comments

Lisa said…
Dylan said he and Ava can go out for tacos because he likes them too! Don't you just LOVE how dirty they seem to be getting these days?!? I'm learning to just let it go, but I still cringe on the inside.
Megan said…
I can't believe she's going to be a year old already this month! She's growing up so fast! Time for number 2?

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

Preparing for Vacation

We had a low key week, which is rare in this house. Oh sure, there were fun field trips at Summer Power, a visit to the splash pad on a hot day, and a few crazy, rain storms, but it was an easy week. Well, there was that one time when we were out for dinner with G (Ava was with Grandma Karen and Grandpa Doug for an overnight stay and a trip to the Dakota County Fair - fun!) and G decided to hide behind my chair and puke all over me and the floor (at the restaurant.) Ugh. The good news is that he was just too full of chocolate milk...no illness! A quiet week, once in a while, is an okay thing! We're starting to prep for our vacation to the Wisconsin Dells...we don't take too many family vacations, so this is a big event for us. (Funny, I took a break from writing this post as Scott just asked me about planning a trip to Disney...we were debating the differences between going to California vs. Florida...pros and cons to each!) Yesterday, I showed G a video from one of the wat...