Skip to main content

One More Day

Last Sunday, we had fun celebrating Christmas with Scott's mom and Whitey.  It was nice and low-key...just perfect after the busy times we have had over the last several weeks.

Ava was exploring the contents of her stocking...and G's!


Little G made a haul - if only he could lift his head up to see it all! ;)


Grandma Deb was NOT pinching you - no tears allowed, buddy!


There must have been something really good on tv!


This was my last full week at home before heading back to work (I go back this coming Tuesday,) so I really needed to focus on get more things knocked off our project list.  And I did!  I love those days where so much gets accomplished...  Ava didn't have school on Friday (or tomorrow), so she and I headed over to the neighbor's house for lunch on Friday, and then Ava went back on Friday evening to play a bit before dinner.  I feel like we're really settling in here...Scott and Ava played outside yesterday in the snow, and when I peeked out the window, they were chatting with some other neighbors.  Such friendly people here!

As an added bonus, my friend Corinne came over for a visit on Thursday afternoon.  I had fun picking her brain for decorating ideas, and I (hope) she had fun getting in some snuggles with G.  Can't wait to have more friends over - I love getting people's help with decor brainstorms!

Ava's class is going to see a play in Minneapolis this week - she's pretty excited!  Overall, she's still doing well in school; however, she got a "red day" last week.  She generally gets green days, or when she talks too much, she gets yellow.  But...not this week.  She was talking (of course) but she and two other girls were also playing in the bathroom.  It's hard getting the full story out of a 5-year old, but she has a great teacher, so we got a bit more detail.  Let's just say that Ava hasn't had her tablet since that incident!

Sometimes it's best to let her wear what she wants...this was her "fruit day" selection - a pineapple shirt and cherry pants.  And two tattoos. And three bracelets, and one choker.  One day we'll discuss the "less is more" concept, but for now, she's having fun!



Garrett is continuing to do well...sleeping through the night, self-pacifying by sucking on his fingers/thumb, and reaching out for objects in his line of sight.  He gets frustrated when he can't reach his mobile, but when he's not trying to touch it, he's having fun smiling at it.

Chillin' with Mom in front of the fireplace


LOVE the concerned look on his face...and the outstretched arm!


Wish us luck in the coming week...big changes for both G and me!  Plus, Ava's excited to see her friends again from the before-school Kids Choice program.  Looks like we'll finally be able to get back into a normal routine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bricks and Birthdays

Last Sunday, G and I headed off to the Minneapolis Brick Convention to see everything LEGOs! Ever since I bought the tickets, months ago, he couldn't wait to check it out. I was so happy that it was held at a location not too far from home, because it was snowing as we were driving there. Overall, it was a pretty neat experience. There were some amazing brick creations, and of course there was an opportunity to buy LEGO pieces! G has been on a 1980's spaceman kick, so he ended up getting Benny, the blue spaceman (from The LEGO movie), as well as Jenny, the white space(wo)man, as well. Once he had those two new pieces in hand, he was able to focus more on all of the cool builds they had displayed in the convention. It was pretty crowded, so after we were done, I was quite happy to get out of the building into a quiet car. More and more, I'm hitting my limit of "peopling" at an earlier point during each crowded event I go to. But, I did it for G, and he loved it! (I

Barbie & George

We had a fun week to wrap up November. Last Saturday, Scott and I enjoyed a nice dinner out, and then a spontaneous trip to Home Depot...and we got some new exterior Christmas décor! But more important was the time spent together. Plus, it started to snow, so the view from the restaurant was beautiful (but the drive home was a little sketchy.) On Tuesday night, Ava and I headed out to the Mall of America to experience the Malibu Barbie Café. We had a blast exploring the area, eating the yummy food, and then shopping for a bit. It was a wonderful night evening spent together. Even the drinks were pretty! My Avocado Toast & salad Ava's Paradise Pancakes On Friday night, my book club gathered for our holiday party and it was a blast! We had such a good time chatting, eating, drinking, and finished off the night with a book exchange. I cherish and deeply appreciate the friendships that have developed with my neighbors because of this book club. And to really kick off the holiday se

Snuggly Warm

It's the time of year to be cozy, so there's nothing better than sitting in front of a warm fire, reading a good book/watching a good show, and enjoying the glow of the Christmas tree. Even Pria thinks so! Pria was avoiding the vacuum earlier this week...she loves to be on Ava's bed! Getting cozy inside of a little fortress After a fairly busy week at school, work, and extracurricular activities, we all enjoyed a night at home on Friday. G and I built gingerbread houses (they both look a little sad, but we had fun), and then we all played Tractoropoly for a few hours. Turns out that G was stockpiling money, so we need to figure out his secret on how to save! Love Ava's face and hand placement here And we can't forget all of the treats that George brought this week! Sunday, December 10 "Can you get a bullseye?" Monday, December 11 "I'm brining Christmas Cheer, by singing loud for everyone to hear!" Tuesday, December 12 "Don't be the o