Skip to main content

Northern Lights 2024

A good chunk of the U.S. was able to see the Northern Lights on Friday night - what a treat! I didn't know about it and just happened to be on social media, right at the time it was starting. I ran outside to tell Scott (he was testing out the fire table), and we both looked up at the sky and wondered where it was. We finally say faint streaks in the sky, with a sunburst right above us. It certainly wasn't the show we were expecting to see. So, just for kicks, I brought out my phone to take a pic, and that's when the colors came into focus. Apparently the human eye can't pick up the colors (due to rods) in the same way that cameras can. WOW, it was so pretty!

We live in a suburban town, right next to a metro area, so there's quite a bit of light pollution. It looked even more amazing once you were away from the cities (according to photos multiple friends posted.) Neither Scott nor I had ever seen the Northern Lights, so it was a really neat experience. Ava joined us for a little bit, but G was already in bed. I decided not to wake him up, since the true experience was in the pics that he saw on Saturday morning.




Warming it up for upcoming bonfires!



We've started to have pretty nice, sunny, warm weather. Hands down, Pria is a summer dog. She does not like the cold or the snow, but as soon as the grass turns green, and the sun comes out, she nosedives onto the lawn, and flops over so she can sun her belly. It's so funny because she doesn't lay on her back (and fights it if you try to roll her over) inside. Only the sun gets her to be belly-up.


Beautiful trees in the neighborhood!


We're looking forward to a Mother's Day brunch with Deb on Sunday morning. I'll spend time with my mom on another day (too much going on to spend time before/on the day.) And then Scott and the kids and I will go out to another brunch on a different weekend for me. The weather looks great, and the kids are happy that the school year is almost done. It should be a lovely day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...