Skip to main content

Down with the Flu

I'm not sure what happened this past week. I picked up the flu, and was down for the count for all of Sunday last weekend, and the rest of the week just sorta limped by. I was able to reschedule/cancel a few fun evening events that I had planned, and happily stayed at home and kept my germs to myself.

The good news is that no one else in my family got sick. So strange how viruses work... I'm also really glad that virtual dr appointments are easier to come by. On Sunday afternoon, my mom asked if I was going to see a doctor, and get some meds. I hadn't even thought about it, but within 10 minutes, I had met with a nurse, and she had prescribed me some (generic) Tamiflu. Our pharmacy even fulfilled the prescription quickly so I was able to start taking it the same day. And here we are, seven days later, and I'm feeling like a new, healthier person. Glad that's over!

Ava had her first job interview this past week, and she got a job! She won't be able to start working until this summer (at 16), but I'm so happy that it's all lined up and ready to go. Ava will be working as a teacher's aide at the same daycare facility where G went. This will be a great introduction into childcare education, and will give her hands-on experience that she'll be able to apply for her career-focused classes she's hoping to get into next school year. SO proud of Ava!

G surprised us by bringing home a math assignment focusing on beginning algebra (from his math enrichment class.) He's only 10! It'll be interesting to watch his course-path over the next several years and see what kind of classes he ends up in. 

Apparently it was a calm and quiet week...can't complain about that! Looking forward to a more active week coming up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring Local Places

Last Sunday was the perfect day to explore an area that neither Arya nor I had been to before. We headed east to walk around the Vermillion Falls/River and Greenway area. The path was nicely paved, with lots of overhead shade from trees; there were so many families out on bikes and walking, and we had a nice view of the Vermillion River. Arya got some great pics, and I enjoyed spending time outdoors with my sweet girl. This weekend, G and I will be heading out to explore a creek area in a few towns just south of us. And I've already got an idea for another creek I want to walk by next month (it's a bit further away, and I'd rather put that aside until Arya is off at college) The tree leans to find the sun On the way home, we stopped at the DQ in another town (we have a love/hate relationship with the DQ in our town, so I wanted to avoid it.) The warm weather felt great, and we enjoyed some sweet treats while watching the world drive by. We're counting down the days unti...

What a Week

The weather has been unseasonably warm this fall, so we've been able to extend our outdoor projects just a bit.  This past week Scott's been working in the garden, cleaning everything out, and repairing the back wall of our garage.  Ava was such a good little helper, scooping up dirt, but still trying to keep her hands clean while doing it! I swear, a box is all she needs to make her happy. Princess Darla. Princess Darla has had enough.  I personally like how she and Ava have the same expressions in this picture. Apparently Spanky was bored - check out that yawn in the background! We went down to Grand Meadow this weekend, and as always, it was so fun to see Ava and Isabel play together.  They actually had several little conversations with each other - and they were so polite while doing so!  We even had them share a room last night...boy, that was a challenge.  I think they finally fell asleep around 10:00pm.  And of course, Ava wa...

All Done!

We made it! May was extra busy this year, leading up to Arya's graduation. And now that we are a week out from the chaos, I'm happy to report that we survived and are enjoying a slightly less busy pace in our days and nights. On Friday, May 29, 2026, 601 Rosemount High School seniors graduated, with the ceremony held at the University of St Thomas campus in St Paul, MN. It was a new venue for graduation this year, and it went really well. We were allowed six tickets in total, but were provided with a link for others to stream it on YouTube. We ended up parking at St. Kate's and shuttling over to St Thomas, so the parking situation was easy peasy for us. The ceremony was so well done, focusing on the triple A philosophy: academics, arts, and athletics. We are so proud of Arya, and can't wait to cheer her on in the next phase of her life! We did a pre-graduation photo shoot with a few friends from school Last day of high school! Red Pine is a special school in the distric...